Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    starlite Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2007, 09:51 PM
    Health insurance won't pay for terminal diseases
    Where i work, the insurance is very strict... If i slip, fall and break a leg, insurance won't pay for medical services if I was the one to spread water on the floor so we have to be extra careful but when i read the policies very carefully... i saw a clause that no one in my office seems to have noticed... It says that it WON"T pay for any terminal diseases... HIV virus [AIDS], H5n1 virus [Bird flu , avian flu], any cancer and other terminal diseases... I don't understand why it says so... I mean, my boss is very wealthy, his business is blooming and well, why couldn't he take insurance that covers everything? Isn't that mean of him? Do I have the right to sue him on that? [well, I don't have any terminal diseases, not that I know of] but if ever one of my colleagues or myself get something that is threatening our lives and we don't have the means for medical services, what should we do? Should we just stay silent and accept everything?
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

May 30, 2007, 08:18 PM
    There are many types of insurance, workers compensatilon is employees are injuried on the job, major medical insurance, supplemental accident/sickness insurance. Tell us what kind of insurance your were reading about - understand also that no insurance pays for everything. And also that accidental insurance will not cover illnesses. Also if you are injuried on the job, the workers comp should pay for these expenses not your major medical insurance.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 30, 2007, 08:26 PM
    OF course your health insurance would not pay for any accident at work, your company is legally obligated to pay for it, though their workers comp insurance. Not your health insurance, ( does not matter what company, no health insurance pays for work accidents, that is the workers comp your employer furnishes for you, if they do not carry it, they have to pay for it out of their checking account)

Next all health insurance is regulated by the state dept of insurance, And to be honest, I don't know of a policy that can legally exclude them if it is really a health insurance policy, not a limited pay fee for service type of policy maybe.

And no, he does not have to furnish any insurance at all, so if he furnishes something, it is more than he has to.

First I believe you have to be mistaken about your insurance policy, it is either an accident policy like aflic or something, since medical health insurance has laws from the state they are required to follow as to what they can and can't cover
    But if you are not, merely buy your own private policy, there are many great policies.

I am a licensed health insurance person in Tenessee

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No health insurance [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, My boyfriend just recently had an accident where his hand went through a glass pane. He ended up tearing three tendons. This required one night of hospital stay and surgery. He then has to go to rehab for it. Unfortunately, he was just cut off his parent's insurance, and so he does not...

We have no health insurance [ 5 Answers ]

My husband has diabetes he is 59 yrs old unemployed as I am presently. Neither one of use have health insurance, I have high blood pressure and we are non-smokers. Is there any health insurance we can buy out there?

No health insurance [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend just recently discovered a lump. He has no insurance and needs to get a biopsy done right away. He cannot afford the costs, is there any way or anyone to help?

Health Insurance [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I have never bought private medical cover, critical illness insurance, Loss of earnings insurance, etc. I know that there is various advice and Web sites to help you lower your car insurance, but what, If any, facilities exist to help you shop around for these other types of insurance?...

View more questions Search