Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hottiekristina Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2007, 09:08 PM
    I am a single mother
    I want to know what my rights are as a single nonmarried mother?
    LadyLuck1269 Posts: 20, Reputation: 4

May 28, 2007, 10:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hottiekristina
    i want to know what my rights are as a single nonmarried mother?
    Different States Laws... say different thing's.
    What State do you live in?

May 29, 2007, 11:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyLuck1269
    Different States Laws....say different thing's.
    What State do you live in?
    Missouri
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2007, 11:07 AM
    Your rights as to what?
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

May 29, 2007, 11:09 AM
    What you are interested in... Be concrete!
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

May 29, 2007, 12:24 PM
    You are a single, nonmarried Mother of a child, who lives in Missouri. That is all we know.

Now you need to fill in the rest of the story. What situation are you in that you need to know your rights? Rights regarding what or who?

May 29, 2007, 01:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shygrneyzs
    You are a single, nonmarried Mother of a child, who lives in Missouri. That is all we know.

Now you need to fill in the rest of the story. What situation are you in that you need to know your rights? Rights regarding what or who?

I need to know that if her father would come and try to take her away what can I do. I am afraid that he is going to do that.
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

May 29, 2007, 02:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hottiekristina
    I need to know that if her father would come and try to take her away what can I do. i am afraid that he is going to do that.
    He cannot to take your daughter away but he has right to be her father and to have parent time.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

May 29, 2007, 03:14 PM
    Why would he come and try and take her away? What is his side of the story? Anything he tries to do, has to be done in court. If you are this worried that you may lose custody of your child, then please contact an attorney who specializes in Family Law. If you cannot afford an attorney, then contact your Legal Assistance Agency. They provide services with fees based on income.

So instead of waiting for something to happen, do something before it happens. Get as much information as possible, get legal representation, and go from there.
    LadyLuck1269 Posts: 20, Reputation: 4

May 31, 2007, 11:52 AM
    You need to tell us what is going on, in detail.
    If you were never married to this man, and if you DID NOT list him His name as the father, then you have all rights to your child and he has none until he goes and get's a court order for DNA Testing.
    If you were not married, and you listed him as the father, then YES he HAS Rights to her ( ONLY IF THAT IS THE LAW IN YOUR STATE) call a Lawer and ask.
    If you were married when the child was born, O'yeh he's got rights and can try to take her in court, exspecially if you have done something wrong and he can prove it. But even then, you would still have rights too!
    You just need to tell us what is going on, and what has happened, the age of your child and more info about what is going on before we can help you more.
    per14843 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2008, 06:10 PM
    I can say in no matter what state. If neither parent has sole or primary custody. When you call the police to handle the matter they say who ever's arms the child is in when they arrive they can not force them to give the child up. I would say just be mature about it. Take it to court where you can either agree on joint custody or primary. Do what is best for the child.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm a single mother need to file for full custody [ 12 Answers ]

Im a single mothe with 1 baby who is currently 1 yr and 7 months in california san diego , i currently receive child support started this month and the father of the child is currently in louisiana and want to have my daughter for a month i don't mind him wanting to spend time with her but...

Single Mother Mercy Miracle [ 2 Answers ]

My name is Emily. I am a 25 year old single mother who could use a miracle right about now in my life. I'm not looking for sympathy or for a free hand out. What I am looking for is someone to invest in helping me get my life in order financially and advise me on how to go about getting my...

Single Mother [ 1 Answers ]

I`m living with single mom and her 8 years old son, If we separate, Can the mother sue me for child support for her child, despite that I`m not his biological father ?

Mother and single parent daughter sharing a house [ 7 Answers ]

I am a single parent of an 8year old girl and I recently received a job which is causing me to relocate. When I notify my mother of the job and the relocation, she asked if she could live me. I was instantly horrified, my mother is controlling, intrusive, noisy, opinionated, bossy and...

38 year old single mother of 2 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi... I need some help. I am a 38 year old single mother of 2. Another one on the way, in Miami Fla. My mortgage is behind. I lost my job because my car caught fire, and is unusable. No one will hire me because I am pregnant. My ex pays child support, but not as much as he should because he has a...

View more questions Search