Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kepi Posts: 321, Reputation: 25

May 28, 2007, 06:47 PM
    "Straight" Skinny vs "Gay" Skinny
    I was recently watching a show called "Will & Grace" and in one of their episodes, the main character, a gay male named Will, was trying to eat a cookie when his gay (male) friend Jack interrupted. Grace, a straight female friend was there. The following dialogue is transcribed from the episode.

(Will is trying to open a box of cookies when Jack approaches on his bike and throws the bag away.)

Will: Hey! I was trying to eat that!
    Jack: You might as well aaply it directly onto your man-teats.
    Grace: Jack, leave him alone! He's skinny enough!
    Jack: *laughs* There is a big difference between Straight Skinny and Gay Skinny.

Is there such a thing as "gay skinny"? This conversation seemed to be regarding males.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2007, 07:37 PM
    That is the silliest thing I have ever heard. That is a case in point which proves just how misguided, ignorant, simple minded, and just plain stupid Hollywood has become. Before it is too late, do what I did. Shoot your television set before your brain begins to turn into a loaf of Spam... with the gel and all!
    stephenub Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2007, 06:27 AM
    I would say yes, as a gay man I've seen how harsh gay men on themselves and others. What most men look like (their bodies) isn't acceptable in our world. (sadly). A little tummy... a bit of a man boob thing going on isn't really OK.. lol.. its sad.. but I've seen it first hand.. there is defenitely a difference
    iAMfromHuntersBar Posts: 943, Reputation: 146

Jul 2, 2007, 07:54 AM
    Jack constantly berated Will about his weight in Will and Grace - I see that as just another put-down!

Great show though!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan Blower not working in "ON" or "AUTO" in heat or AC [ 13 Answers ]

Got home from the Brewer game this afternoon and noticed the house was warm(78). Outside was 91. I checked the T-stat and it was set correct. Noticed the air vents weren't blowing anything. Went outside and the condenser and fan was running fine. Then I went downstairs to the furnace unit to see...

A/C or Heat does not work w/thermostat set "on" or "auto". [ 22 Answers ]

A/C or Heat doesn't work in "on" or "auto". Fan will not come on at the "on" position either. I changed the batteries in the thermostat. I also read somewhere to disconnect the "Y" and hold it to the "R" on the thermostat for two minutes. That will tell me if the thermostat is the problem. ...

Should I have the fan switch turned to "ON" or "AUTO"? [ 6 Answers ]

Should I have the fan switch turned to "ON" or "AUTO"?

Heater blows cold when "On", not at all on "Auto" [ 1 Answers ]

Our gas heater is 7 years old, and has worked fine in the two years we've rented here. This winter though, we can't get it to work consistently. When on "Auto", it doesn't turn on at all, no matter what temperature we select, and when we turn the fan to "On", it simply blows cold air. It...

View more questions Search