Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    terminator05 Posts: 45, Reputation: 2

May 28, 2007, 08:49 AM
    Should I bring it up?
    Hi, I am rather new to this site, and honestly not entirely sure on how helpful, or even how to post properly, so I guess I'll wing it.

My girlfriend and I have been going out for about 7 months, and the topic of sex has only come up once, about two months ago. What I would like to know, is, should I bring up the topic again? She is going on a two week vacationreal soon, and I thought about bringing "the topic" up again, but I really do not want to come off as appearing to be pushy, or inpatient.

In case anyone insists on asking, I'll just say now, that even though we been going out ofr seven months, we have not had sex yet, that is why I was thinking about just bring up the topic, not necessarily asking her to have sex.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2007, 08:52 AM
    Well it might be good to start with how old are you both?

Did she say she doesn't want to have sex before?

May 28, 2007, 08:58 AM
    We're both 21, and she didn't say she DIDN'T want to have sex before. At the time, she simply said she just wasn't ready yet to have sex, and I totally agreed. But, it came up because we were both very uncomfortable talking about sex, so we thought we would talk about it to hopefully get a little more comfortable with talking about it with one another.
    MummaCrash Posts: 136, Reputation: 19

May 28, 2007, 09:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by terminator05
    we're both 21, and she didn't say she DIDN'T want to have sex before. At the time, she simply said she just wasn't ready yet to have sex, and I totally agreed. But, it came up because we were both very uncomfortable talking about sex, so we thought we would talk about it to hopefully get a little more comfortable with talking about it with one another.
    Yeah sure, won't hurt to bring it up.
    As long as she knows you're okay with holding out, she's obviously taking it slow for a reason.
    You could talk about all kinds of things that lead up to sex.
    Sexual abstinence can be exciting in a way...
    I don't think I could last though... lol
    LuvMyMaltipoo Posts: 281, Reputation: 39

May 28, 2007, 10:23 AM
    Don't push anything to happen. When it is the right time it will happen, I'm sure she doesn't need to be "reminded about sex". Plan a romantic night before she leaves (don't come into this expecting ANYTHING).. and if it happens, it happens, and if it doesn't then that means it isn't the right time for her.

May 28, 2007, 10:52 AM
    You say a romantic evening, what, you mean like take her to a restaurant or somthin?

May 28, 2007, 11:10 AM
    Or cook for her, have the candles, flowers, and all that other mushy stuff. Girls love it when guys cook for them... my husband wins me over with that every time! ;)

May 28, 2007, 11:11 AM
    Oh, dress up really nice too (don't forget to tell her to dress up, we hate it when we're underdressed).

May 28, 2007, 11:20 AM
    Yeah, think I'll stick with the rest. A monkey can cook better than I can. She's Italian, so I was thinking maybe take her to like Olive Garden or some kind of Italian rest, is that a good or bad idea?

May 28, 2007, 11:31 AM
    Hey, if there's no chance of you cooking... by all means take her somewhere. I'm sure she will appreciate the fact the house isn't burned down. Show sincerity on your date, don't act cheesy like you're just trying to get her to have sex with you. A lot of women can see right through that!
    MummaCrash Posts: 136, Reputation: 19

May 28, 2007, 05:03 PM
    Don't use those lines, "You're soooo beautiful, you're an angel, I love you".
    Garrrr me says, *shivers*

Coming on to strong is a big turn off...
    But then again I don't like romance so maybe she might like the sappy strong stuff.
    You know her better then us.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2007, 07:12 PM
    If she is ready for sex you don't have to bring up the subject. I don't know how far you two have gone sexually so I am assuming on my own that you have done some things that would be called sexual like fondled her breast and maybe you have fingered her. If so then the next time you are together just do the same things and try to carry it a bit further. If she is ready she may go along with it but if she is not she will let you know. If it goes to the point that you finger he to orgasm and all of a sudden that is all that she wants to go then don't push it. You will just have to suffer the pain this time and hope for better next time.
    honey2700 Posts: 27, Reputation: -1

Jun 3, 2007, 04:31 PM
    Just leave her alone. My boyfriend always asks for it all day and the more he asks the less I want to do it. It makes me even more out of the mood. Its just sex let it go
    whiteladybug2002 Posts: 235, Reputation: 36

Jun 3, 2007, 04:41 PM
    Are either or both of you virgins?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Why would someone always bring up your ex? [ 15 Answers ]

I don't know if this question belong to this forum. But I really don't know where to ask. I have a friend that I see about twice every week, and every time I see him he would ask about my ex who dumped me. Which is weird, because a) I don't talk to my ex, b) I hardly EVER see my ex, because...

Bring on the rumors about the ex [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, This is just a long rant of the thoughts swirling around in my head based on some things I’ve heard about my ex and his new girlfriend. Sunday night I went to visit a friend of mine at work and when I got there another one of my friends that I haven’t talked to in a while also happened...

How do I bring the subject? [ 1 Answers ]

I have this girlfriend, we've been together for almost a year, we're both 18 -she's one month older- and when we make out sometimes I feel like I want to give her more, because kissing is not enough for all this love, I really love her, and she sais she does too. Bot I don't know how does she feel...

What can you carry on and what can't you bring? [ 1 Answers ]

What can you carry on a flight and what can not be carried on at LAX?:o

Please tell me my fututr will bring me [ 1 Answers ]

My DOB is 2nd June 1974. I got married on the 10.01.1998 but the marriage did not last long. I got separated on the 31.12.1999 and divorced in Dec 2003. I am currently in love with a guy who is 7 years younger to me . He is born on the 16th.August 1981. I have been going out with him for 3 years...

View more questions Search