Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Elpida Posts: 31, Reputation: 2

May 28, 2007, 08:11 AM
    Can landline calls appear on my computer?
    Hello,
    Lately I ve been having some trouble with people calling me and hanging up. I don't have caller id on my landline telephone device so I though that it s a good idea to receive regular phone calls through my laptop computer. Is this possible?
    Thanks
    jstrike Posts: 418, Reputation: 44

Jun 5, 2007, 12:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Elpida
    hello,
    lately i ve been having some trouble with people calling me and hanging up. I don't have caller id on my landline telephone device so i though that it s a good idea to receive regular phone calls through my laptop computer. Is this possible?
    Thanks
    Try hitting *69 after the next time they do it, that will dial the last person that called you. It might also tell you the number they're calling from. Depending on your phone service you're phone company might charge you for using the *69 service.

Depending on how many times it happens and the time of the day/night it happens you might want to contact the police. If they think it's bad enough they can file a report, give you the report number and you can call your phone provider and have them enable call logging. You'll have to give them the police report number, they won't do it with out one. The next time it happens contact the police and they can get your phone records. You won't be able to find out who it is but they can probably get it to stop.

Good luck.

Jun 5, 2007, 12:08 PM
    Is hitting *69 after the call available in all countries? I live in Greece so it might not be applicable here.
    jstrike Posts: 418, Reputation: 44

Jun 5, 2007, 12:22 PM
    Not sure, check with your phone company. I'm in the US and I've used it a few times on my phone, it was pretty cheap but it may be different in Greece. My wife used to be a principle at a middle school so it was not uncommon for us to get prank phone calls... sometimes at 2am. I did the *69 and yelled at them one time... they got smart after that and started pressing *67 which blocks caller ID and makes *69 useless. We got the police involved and they managed to put an end to it. We were not told who did it.

Jun 5, 2007, 12:40 PM
    So, I tried the *69 and it didn't work. Too bad

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Landline phone wiring [ 6 Answers ]

Today, out of the blue, by home phone began to have problems with incoming calls. If you are calling the house, you will hear a partial ring, then lot's of static. Eventually the line will disconnect. If you are in the house and pick up the phone, after the initial partial ring, the call will...

Tapped landline [ 24 Answers ]

OK only real genuine people respond please no time for joksters. Somehow my conversations are being heard on my landline phone. All my voicemail is being recorded also. I have had the phone company out, but they say the line is all right, really don't know if they are checking for tap or not. ...

How Serious Should One Take These Calls? [ 2 Answers ]

Lets say if one who owes debts received calls from collections agencies (ie Zwicker & Associates) or people whom self proclaimed "lawyers", what are the reality of getting sued and getting a judgement against you? Do you guys suggest avoiding these calls? How about letters stating debts as...

Can I stop computer generated phone calls. [ 1 Answers ]

Is it possible to "trick" or "fool" a computer generated phone call into thinking that my number is disconnected by repeatedly pressing either the astrick (*) or pound (#) symbol on my phone? If true, approx. how many times would the key need to be pressed?

Prank calls [ 2 Answers ]

How do u trace number when its been blocked?

View more questions Search