Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    japmann grover Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2007, 01:14 AM
    Healthy Food
    HI,
    Please suggest me healthy food for my baby.
    Thanks
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 28, 2007, 01:16 AM
    You might like to start with some things that you find on the following search that is outlined in the following link. I hope that it is helpful to you.

healthy baby food - Google Search
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2007, 08:17 AM
    Depending on the age of your baby, healthy eating habits are started now. If you want to make home made food, here some rules;
    Peel skin from fruits or veggies
    steam or cook in boiling water
    Bake potato and apples in skin and then scoop out flesh for purée
    don't add salt or pepper
    blend all cooked food into a purée consistency
    mix food with water, formula or milk to get a smooth texture
    Give foods 1 x a day to start at first and offer just a couple of tablespoons, build from here
    Purée some of these into baby rice cereal or try by themselves, steam or lightly boil the veggies first; Soft pears, apple, potato, cauliflower, carrot, sweet potato, green peas, broccoli, mashed banana, mashed avocado.
    Children do need whole grains, fresh fruits and fresh veggies, they need calcium for bone growth, as well as protein from fish, poultry, eggs, and meat for vitamins and minerals. Almost any food can be put into a food processor and blended to the correct consistency for your babies age. They don't need large amounts of sugar watch out for fruit juices, try and make your own, this way there's no added, unnecessary sugars. Watch intake of fats, give them healthy finger foods, not french fries. Don't add cereal to their milk at night, it can actually wind them up even more, instead of sleeping.
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2007, 10:23 AM
    You might also like to look through this lady's site she has some wonderful books that available world wide.

Annabel Karmel
    mo1975 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2009, 01:58 PM
    I home cook probably 90% of the time for my little girl and she would always have trouble with the size of the vegetable slices, as I never really knew how fine to chop them. I saw the article http://www.babyandtoddlerfood.com/annabel_karmel_meat_and_rice.php and then started to finely chop the vegetable, making almost a mush, which she relishes. I think more recipes should be accompanied by closeup photos so we can all see how fine ingredients are chopped, or not
    mo1975 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2009, 02:01 PM

Annabel Karmel, Tasty Rice with Meat and Vegetables

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dog.cat food.table food [ 7 Answers ]

I got a dog from my mother in law whom got her from a guy who got her from someone who couldn't take care of her. Well I believe she was beat and starved. When she got here she wouldn't eat or drink. She peed everywhere, and she is terrified of kids and loud people. She rarley goes to anyone beside...

I want to be healthy! [ 2 Answers ]

I am 15 years old About to turn 16. I have struggled with weight my whole life. I currently weigh between 215-220. For me weight is a big deal. I excersise at a local gym but just can't seem to find a diet that will work for me! I would really like to loose weight in a healthy way. Please...

Is this healthy? [ 7 Answers ]

I've been with my boyfriend for over 2 years now, and I love him and his family, and I don't know what I'd do without them. But, I think I've fallen out of love with him. The thing is we don't really get along all that much, and we don't share much in common. I like spending time with him, and...

Healthy alternative to dog food [ 5 Answers ]

Please do yourself a favor and check out the 2 sites so you'll be better informed about what is really in dog food and choices you can make so your pet will become healthy and whole. They are: http://www.belfield.com (article Food Not Fit for a Pet) and http://www.api4animals.org (article What's...

View more questions Search