Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MrsRomero Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2007, 11:47 PM
    Wedding Gown
    Hi, I'm Maria,
    I am having a military wedding next year Sep. I decided that my colors will be Alsmeer Gold and Navy Blue Because of the groom's Class blue uniform. I chose sunflowers and Hepatica nobilis they look perfect together. My bridesmaid I would like to see them In Navy blue dress with sunflower bouquets. My bouquet will have the Hepartica nobilis and sunflowers now... this is the tricky part. Were in the would will I find a wedding dress white and Navy blue accents? I've looked in Davids bridal and they have all blues you could find but not white and navy blues. I found Navy blues dresses for the brides maid so... what about my dress... I thought I had a it going here... NOT!! :eek: with all nice matching colors but the most important is my dress... I want a WHITE AND NAVY BLUE DRESS! PLEASE HELP!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 28, 2007, 03:16 AM
    Why can't you have a dress made to your specs ?
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2007, 08:21 AM
    Check out this site:

Alfred Angelo... Find the perfect Wedding Dress, Bridesmaid Dress, Prom Dress, Flower Girl Dress or Mother of the Bride Dress at Alfred Angelo.

This is the maker of my dress, and it wasn't terribly expensive. It was more than most of the David's dresses, but not "designer priced" by any means.

Hope you find a style you like in there! :)
    ncgirl_21 Posts: 79, Reputation: 6

May 29, 2007, 12:48 PM
    You could try the bridal mart .com website house of brides .com there's a lot of places even try eBay I'm getting married this sept so if I run across one I'll let you know
    kimmykay21 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2007, 07:13 AM
    Congratulations! You will be able to find the perfect wedding dress. I am a wedding decorator. The brides all show me a picture of the dress. I just seen a white dress with navy blue piping. Sorry don't know where it was from but it is out there, keep searching. Good Luck.
    im1brwfn Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Jun 11, 2007, 04:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsRomero
    [F]Hi, I'm Maria,
    I am having a military wedding next year Sep. I decided that my colors will be Alsmeer Gold and Navy Blue Because of the groom's Class blue uniform. I chose sunflowers and Hepatica nobilis they look perfect together. My bridesmaid I would like to see them In Navy blue dress with sunflower bouquets. My bouquet will have the Hepartica nobilis and sunflowers now...this is the tricky part. Were in the would will i find a wedding dress white and Navy blue accents? I"ve looked in Davids bridal and they have all blues you could find but not white and navy blues. I found Navy blues dresses for the brides maid so ...what about my dress...I thought i had a it going here...NOT!!!:eek: with all nice matching colors but the most important is my dress...I want a WHITE AND NAVY BLUE DRESS!! PLEASE HELP!!:(
    Try JC penny's or a place that specailizes in prom dresses
    helopilot Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2007, 08:58 PM
    [F]Hi, I'm Maria,
    I am having a military wedding next year Sep. I decided that my colors will be Alsmeer Gold and Navy Blue Because of the groom's Class blue uniform. I chose sunflowers and Hepatica nobilis they look perfect together. My bridesmaid I would like to see them In Navy blue dress with sunflower bouquets. My bouquet will have the Hepartica nobilis and sunflowers now...this is the tricky part. Were in the would will i find a wedding dress white and Navy blue accents? I"ve looked in Davids bridal and they have all blues you could find but not white and navy blues. I found Navy blues dresses for the brides maid so ...what about my dress...I thought i had a it going here...NOT!!!:eek: with all nice matching colors but the most important is my dress...I want a WHITE AND NAVY BLUE DRESS!! PLEASE HELP!!:(
    I am currently planning my military wedding also. And if I may say David's bridal shop after going there is not my first choice. They are expensive and the one I went to you have to make an appointment so if you want to just go in and look around no one helps you. If you want a lot of color choices and you want a dress to match your brides maides dresses I suggest Alfred Angelo. The company has a selection that is just wow. They have junior brides maides dresses that match the brides maids and also their color selection is amazing. There is a company that I ordered mine from it is called house of brides Google it and they have a huge selection and will save you 100's I saved 300.00 by going through them on my dress alone.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Jul 24, 2007, 07:43 AM
    Lots of navy accented dresses can be found. Check out Alfred Angelo and Bonny. (AA & Bonny also have good prices... my Bonny was cheaper than a friends from David's bridal) Also, netbride.com will sell the dresses cheaper. My dress was $630 in the salon, I got it from netbride for $371

This is a dress I tried on, but ultimately got another one from Bonny:
    Bonny MT Enterprises Co. Ltd. - Celebrating 20 years of Elegance and Quality
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2007, 07:48 AM
    I don't know what style of dress you want but perhaps one that has a sash that you can replace with the color blue you want.
    jkl1111 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2007, 11:10 AM
    I also want blue accents on my gown. One good place that I found is Bonny, styles #243, 420, 449, 604, 615, 753, etc. There are a ton on that site. Good luck!
    Picassa Posts: 42, Reputation: 6

Sep 21, 2007, 06:52 PM
    I think that the sash suggestion above is a good one! You can also have your alterations person sew a navy trim around the hem/train of your gown to match the sash. This way you get the dress you want (from the store/business that is convenient) and the colors you want. I love your choices for flowers, by the way.
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2007, 07:00 PM
    I agree with the sash idea as well as checking out Alfredo Angelo. My friend who is getting married looked at Davids Bridal and found that they only carry limited dresses from some designers so you can look on those designers websites and find many more styles.

I just wanted to say that your color scheme sounds GORGEOUS! First of all I think gold and navy together is beautiful and I can see in my mind your lovely bridesmaids with those big bright sunflowers... oooh so pretty!
    hamiltonmather Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2007, 01:49 PM
    Hi, I'm Maria,
    I am having a military wedding next year Sep. I decided that my colors will be Alsmeer Gold and Navy Blue Because of the groom's Class blue uniform. I chose sunflowers and Hepatica nobilis they look perfect together. My bridesmaid I would like to see them In Navy blue dress with sunflower bouquets. My bouquet will have the Hepartica nobilis and sunflowers now...this is the tricky part. Were in the would will i find a wedding dress white and Navy blue accents? I"ve looked in Davids bridal and they have all blues you could find but not white and navy blues. I found Navy blues dresses for the brides maid so ...what about my dress...I thought i had a it going here...NOT!!!:eek: with all nice matching colors but the most important is my dress...I want a WHITE AND NAVY BLUE DRESS!! PLEASE HELP!!
    I've a Bonny 507 dress for sale - it's white with navy embroidered accents and satin trim and I wore it this past May for one day. $250 Canadian plus shipping if you're interested. It's discontinued now so you can't find it elsewhere. Email [email protected] if you want to see pictures
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 28, 2007, 03:13 PM
    Are you married yet ? Is this for 2008 because this could go on to four pages maybe six. So tell us, just what you have decided to do so we can move on.

Love you,and good luck!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wedding [ 5 Answers ]

I fiancé and I are planning our wedding which started to be a large affair.. However, with everyone’s lack of interest I would just rather elope. My family lives 3000 miles away and I’ve tried communicating by phone with what needs to be done but it just ends up in an argument. My mother is not as...

Wedding Gown [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter is 30 years old and has lived on her own for over 10 years. She has owned her own home for 10 years. She is getting married in June and she and her fiancé had their wedding arrangements and plans all made when they announced their engagement to the family. Her father and I have been...

Tell me if this is OK for a wedding [ 3 Answers ]

HELP!! OK so the wedding party is tomorrow. My brother in law is getting married. I will not go to the ceramony cause I'm not allowed in the temple because I'm not a member of their religion. But I will be attending the reception. I don't like dresses or skirts. Tell me if this would be nice to...

Wedding help [ 10 Answers ]

Hello! Could use some advice... we live in a rural area where it seems to be custom to asking neighbors (invited as guests) to help clean up the bride/groom's table, doing dishes, setting out food on buffet arranged tables, etc. My husband and I always argue every time I get one of these invites...

Help: Unique design for a gown [ 2 Answers ]

Hey there! My sister's getting married next year. I need suggestions/unique designs for my gown. Thanks.

View more questions Search