Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BriggsAndStratton Posts: 20, Reputation: 4

May 27, 2007, 10:12 PM
    11 HP Briggs makes a clicking noise when started
    11 HP Briggs& Stratton riding mower makes a clicking noise when started. I don't know if this is normal or what. Its model # 252707. Anything I can do to fix this? Is it bad?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 28, 2007, 10:45 AM
    Check your main pulley under the engine. Check for a piece of wire or other debris. Also check the tensioner pulley that engages the drive belt to the trans.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heat Pump Clicking Noise [ 8 Answers ]

Recently, my heat pump has started to make a clicking noise when it is turned off. The clicking is about one second apart and is continuous. I thought that it was one time occurrence, but when I checked after a day's time, it was still clicking. The thermostat is switched completely off. ...

Constant Clicking noise.Exploding? [ 6 Answers ]

My air conditioner/heater makes the usual rumbling noises that are pretty typical but... just about an hour ago it started to make a constant clicking noise. One click every 7 seconds, like someone is tapping the inside of it. What could this be? I have tried everything from turning it off/up to...

GE Washer makes loud noise [ 3 Answers ]

I have an older GE washer (about 5-7 years old) that has started making a loud, dry metallic grinding sound when running. I had to replace the clutch about 4 years ago and recently the clip that holds it in place came loose and I had to snap it back in place. The washer worked fine for a few...

Clicking noise in the pipes [ 1 Answers ]

There is clicking noise in the pipes after I turn the faucets on, which is initially quite rapid & then slows. It started about 3 weeks ago. Thanks

Sony Triniton makes a loud clicking noise when starting up. [ 1 Answers ]

Sony Triniton makes a loud clicking noise when starting up. It's a brand new TV. The noise it makes vibrates the TV trolley and is too loud. It happens even if it is on standby for 10 minutes. Please advise Thanks Amit Jain

View more questions Search