Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    karl Dortzbach Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2007, 02:27 PM
    Choosing HVAC system
    I am doing a rehab on a three-unit multi-family row house in Baltimore. What is the best HVAC system to consider and why?
    jimfun71 Posts: 22, Reputation: 4

May 27, 2007, 02:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by karl Dortzbach
    I am doing a rehab on a three-unit multi-family row house in Baltimore. What is the best HVAC system to consider and why?
    If you have the space a geo thermal field will cut your bills in half. If not then go with any of the big names there all good. Trane, Carrier it's all good. If you have gas and electric there are hybirds that can run either fuel depending on the rates. Heat pumps are another cost saver. They typically save 10-25% depending on the climate where your at. I would contact the top three heating contractors in your area and ask for bids and info on efficiencies and why you should buy there particular unit.
    hvacservicetech_07 Posts: 1,083, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

May 27, 2007, 04:04 PM
    There is a lot of equipment on the market now days, one of the most important things you need to look for is warranty, also a good legit company to install it, sometimes you are better off paying a little more to get quality work that the company will stand behind. I install Goodman a lot for family and friends, it has really came along way and they offer 10 year warranty, and it's pretty cheap. The company I work for sells mainly Lennox and Trane and in my opinion there isn't much diffrence between them and Goodman.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Choosing a camera [ 2 Answers ]

I'm really interested in photography not as a profession just as a hobby.I capture pics of nature and I really don't know which camera I should choose from so many brands and models.

Choosing a lawyer [ 1 Answers ]

How do you know if you have a good lawyer or not... what different things should you look for or ask?

Help in choosing between three fans [ 5 Answers ]

Hi all - new to the forum and have looked around a bit, but haven't found what I am looking for yet. My issue is this: I am getting a new condo that is very urban/loft in design, so I want to install fans to match stylistically. However, with 16 foot ceilings, I also want a fan that is functional...

Choosing a router. [ 3 Answers ]

Can anybody recommend a good wired router for my home network? I have 3 PCs, 2 WIN XP SP2, 1 WIN 98SE. I also have a Speedstream 5100 DSL modem. I'm thinking maybe firewalled for extra security. So far I've put my eye on the Linksys BEFSX41. ANY suggestions are apreciated. Thank you!! :)

View more questions Search