Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brooklyngurl345 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2007, 10:49 AM
    When you star your period
    From what age to what age could you start your period?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 27, 2007, 01:01 PM
    It appears to be getting earlier and earlier, there are girls as young as 7 and 8 that we know of that have started theirs but also know some girls 12 and 13 that still have not. And back 50 years ago, it was not uncommom for girls 16 not to have started yet.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

May 27, 2007, 01:59 PM
    The average age of menarche (the start of menstruation) is now 12 1/2 years (German researchers say 12 yr and 2 months). You can expect to start earlier or later, there is no set age. If, by the time a girl was 16 and not experienced her first menstruation cycle, she should see a doctor, to make she is healthy and there are no other factors affecting her development.
    tiarae44 Posts: 10, Reputation: 3

May 28, 2007, 10:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shygrneyzs
    The average age of menarche (the start of menstruation) is now 12 1/2 years (German researchers say 12 yr and 2 months). You can expect to start earlier or later, there is no set age. If, by the time a girl was 16 and not experienced her first menstruation cycle, she should see a doctor, to make she is healthy and there are no other factors affecting her development.

That's true, I had spotted some but still hadn't really started my period by the time I was 16 and they took me to the doctor and I ended up having PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) and I had to be put on birth control to start my periods. So if you're 16 or over and still haven't started your period you should probably have an exam done.:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to become a rap star! [ 10 Answers ]

I want to become a great rap star, I already have my songs, then what should I do?:confused:

Can anyone name a star? [ 13 Answers ]

There are companies out there selling the right to name a star. How legitimate is this? International Star Registry: Name a Star

Star shape [ 1 Answers ]

Why stars have spherical shape?

Star Wars [ 10 Answers ]

Does anybody know if George Lucas is secretly making another Star Wars movie? After I saw Episode III I went home and watched Episode IV, V, and VI. I read some article that said he may be writing a new one, but was just wandering if anyone else knew for sure.

Star Valve [ 5 Answers ]

Hi Guys! I have a new plumbing problem, I think :-/ I came home from the beach and was greeted by a notice on my door from the county water department. It read, "We were doing a random inspection of homes in the area and discovered your star valve was leaking". It went on to say, "Please...

View more questions Search