Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    J2nkU Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

May 27, 2007, 10:20 AM
    80s/90s fantasy sci-fi kids movie with a labyrinth
    Im desperatly trying to find this movies title that I saw when I was a kid. Im not sure if it was made in the 80s or early 90s, but this is what I do know:
    First I remember a scene of a dark labyrinth (not the Daviod Bowie one)... like I think that's where some children were lost or smthing. Can't remember much, but I remember the labyrinth scene and a scene where the kids room filled with birght white light and I think some kid died there... not sure... but I remember something about a kids father being dead and some light from his closet being his dead father trying to contact him or smthng... anyway I don't know if it really was a kids movie cause it was quite scary at least when I was little it was... but hey... the movie was about some kids so I think it was... but a very serious movie... I remember also that the toys became alive and toy planes would fly around and kind of lika poltergeist... with a lightshow and all...
    Sadly I don't remember the names of the actors and it's been really hard trying to find this movie... everytime I type labyrinth I get Jim Hensons movie and the new Pan's Labyrinth... all great movies but not what Im looking for... anyone out there who knows the title of this movie Im talking about then I would be ever so thankful and many good wishes to you who tells me the name of the movie Im searching for...

P.S. The kids in this movie where about between 8-12 or smthing, so Im going to go that it was a kids movie... and I was a kid when I watched it so yea... a family/kids/sci-fi/fantasy movie... and I think the kid who dyied there was the main character or his youngetr sister... I don't know... anyways... any help would be thankful =)
    stellar_kar Posts: 71, Reputation: 8

May 31, 2007, 06:18 PM
    Did you search under the word "maze" as well? I haven't found anything yet that wasn't a video game...
    MummaCrash Posts: 136, Reputation: 19

Jun 3, 2007, 05:06 AM
    There are a few childhood fantasty movies that I seem to miss but don't recall the names.

I'll throw in some ones I discovered.
    Dark Crystal
    Willow
    Never endng story
    CRAWL
    MISSMYYOUTH Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2007, 02:31 PM
    Reading description of bright light from wardrobe reminded me of the film Time Bandits, one of the opening scenes in young Kevins bedroom as the evil supreme being enters through a worm hole in time(ending up in Kevins wardrobe) pursuing a map of time that has been taken by a gang of cheeky dwarves, hope this helps.:D
    llemo12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2007, 05:03 PM
    The dark crystal?

Jun 17, 2007, 05:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MISSMYYOUTH
    Reading description of bright light from wardrobe reminded me of the film Time Bandits, one of the opening scenes in young Kevins bedroom as the evil supreme being enters through a worm hole in time(ending up in Kevins wardrobe) persuing a map of time that has been taken by a gang of cheeky dwarves, hope this helps.:D
    Noup... not that one... got Time Bandits on DVD.:)

Jun 17, 2007, 05:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaCrash
    There are a few childhood fantasty movies that I seem to miss but don't recall the names.

I'll throw in some ones I discovered.
    Dark Crystal
    Willow
    Never endng story
    CRAWL
    Seen all of them except CRAWL. And I can't find any info on that last one. Can you gimme a link for the movies synopsis?

Jun 17, 2007, 05:27 AM
    HaH... I finally found it... mystery movie solved ^_^
    The movie I was searching for is called "Joey" aka "Making Contact"(http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089378/), but I can't find it nowhere. Not in any filmshops or on the net and you try searching that movie under the name Joey. I keep getting Friends Joey episodes everywhere =P
    Now if anyone find a torrent or smthing I would really be thankful if you'd let me know ^_^
    cbrownmomof3 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Sep 6, 2007, 07:56 AM
    When I did a search for Making Contact 1986 I found that Amazon has 6 copies available. A lot of the time having the year of the movie makes it easy to find. Hope this helps you get a copy of your movie.
    Amazon.com: Making Contact: DVD: Joshua Morrell,Eva Kryll,Tammy Shields,Jan Zierold,Barbara Anne Klein,Jerry Hall (II),Sean Johnson,Matthias Kraus,Ray Kaselonis,Christine Goebbels,Axel Berg,Joel Kleinman,Berit Morrell,Christoph Lindert,Sandra Freedin

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

80s/90s movie: runaway kids [ 31 Answers ]

It's driving me crazy what is the title of this movie? It's either from the 80s or early 90s and its about these 4 kids that runaway from home, because their dad dies or both parents die and they steal cars and run away and then later they get caught by some random lady and she takes them to their...

80s or 90s (?) Fantasy Movie Title [ 6 Answers ]

Ok, so I vaguely remember watching a fantasy movie over 10 years ago where there was something about trying to save some unicorns (someone was trying to kill them perhaps?). There was lots of snow at some point and I thinK I remember goblins or something like them. This is so frustrating because...

I'm looking for the name to a kids 80s/90s movie [ 4 Answers ]

Im trying to figure out the name of a movie I watched as a kid, so I can show it to my nephew. From what I can remember its about two kids a boy and girl and the get sucked into a book or TV and into this make-believe land. Everyone in the town has a color, and the lead women use to be rainbow,...

Fantasy 80s Kids Movie [ 3 Answers ]

I have been searching for this for EVER! If someone can help me that'd be great. BraggLL had originally posted a message similar to this, but I remmeber more. A small child, I think a little girl. Somehow this puppet-like fantasy animal crosses over into her world. She, or he possibly,...

Children/Fantasy Movie from the late 80s early 90s [ 4 Answers ]

I'm trying to find this one movie that I used to watch when I was like three. I don't remember much but I'm pretty sure its is from the early 90s. It starts with a boy on his front stoop in a city. And he finds out that his dad was a king or prince of some fantasy land. Im pretty sure his dad gets...

View more questions Search