Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mikescat Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2007, 09:41 AM
    PDF files keep disappearing
    I currently owned a windows based machine and over the last year I have been experiencing the following problem. I click on a PDF file while browsing in windows and after about 5-10 seconds the contents of the window vanish. The window remains but the contents disappear. I run Panda security software and turned it off which didn't make a difference. The security level seems to be set to a Medium Security setting. I have no idea why this is happening.
    SHAVED Posts: 275, Reputation: 41

May 28, 2007, 05:05 AM
    Do you have Adobe Reader or Acrobat Reader installed in your system and if yes which version? In order to open the PDF file you should have it in your system.
    mikescat Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2007, 05:10 AM
    I do have Adobe Reader and Adobe Acrobat Professional Installed. However, its when I open a web browser and try to click on a PDF, when doing a Google search its when the disappearing files happen.
    SHAVED Posts: 275, Reputation: 41

May 31, 2007, 09:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mikescat
    I do have Adobe Reader and Adobe Acrobat Professional Installed. However, its when I open a web browser and try to click on a PDF, when doing a Google search its when the disappearing files happen.
    I think you have some plug-in problems. Do the following. Open Adobe Reader > Help> About Adobe Plug-ins. Then highlight > External Windows Handler and loo at the right side panel if the file is loaded or not.
    EddieGol2007 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2008, 08:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mikescat
    I currently owned a windows based machine and over the last year I have been experiencing the following problem. I click on a PDF file while browsing in windows and after about 5-10 seconds the contents of the window vanish. The window remains but the contents disappear. I run Panda security software and turned it off which didn't make a difference. The security level seems to be set to a Medium Security setting. I have no idea why this is happening.
    Go to the c: drive and C:\Documents and Settings\ and open up the folder that contains the windows user profile and open up the folder called "application data" and move the folder "adobe" to the desktop you can delete it after you make sure that the pdf file is open, it will recreate the folder... this happens when the cache is full and it needs to reset the contents. That should fix that problem
    chalman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2012, 07:37 AM
    I believe the disappearing PDF is a problem with Internet Explorer rather than Adobe. I use an older version of Adobe and when this happens, I click "File",
    "Send...", "Page by e-mail", and when the e-mail page opens, enter my address
    And click "Send". The e-mail arrives with the PDF as attachment which can be opened and then "saved as" or right-clicked and "saved as" on your hard drive.
    Then it can be opened and read or printed like any other PDF.
    --Dave
    jackiemansion Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2013, 12:28 PM
    You should use repair acrobat files

This repair acrobat files effective solution has file format support for all PDF versions

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why my hyperlinks in Excel do not open pdf & pic. Files ? [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Sirs, In MS-Excel I make some hyperlinks, for example in an Excel sheet I write "2007" and then by right click I select "hyperlink..." and make a hyperlink to open a file on my computer. When I click on my hyperlinked cell or word in mentioned Excel sheet, If hyperlinked file is PDF or...

I want to save my data server (containing .doc, xls, pdf files ) [ 1 Answers ]

I want to save my data server (containing .doc, xls, pdf files ) from worms and viruses, specially from those that creates newfolder or subfolder exe files like, rvhost and svchossst. Many clients have already infected with these viruses, but I want to save just my server to get infected with...

Disappearing Word [ 6 Answers ]

About two months ago I discovered that Word was somehow completely deleted from my son's computer. I called the computer tech I've used for years, he was puzzled and we both assumed that my 15 year old son screwed something up, so I had him re-install Microsoft Office. That was in mid July. ...

Search for pdf files [ 14 Answers ]

Hello, How can I do a search and get a result only for the pdf files. Thanks

View more questions Search