Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 30, 2007, 01:59 PM
    *This Is A Thread Closure Warning*
    Get back to the original point and avoid making disparaging personal remarks or it will be closed.
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

May 30, 2007, 03:05 PM
    Autta:
    Good question?

Iraq for oil would make sense in a capitalistic sense [ as opposed to going to Darfur or Rwanda ] but if I were to go to Iraq solely for that reason I would have annexed there oil fields already, which the US to my knowledge has not done. Again I don't think anyone has official notarized government documents to prove this -otherwise it would have been exposed, or least shredded and burned.
    I don't think the Democrats are pursuing this because they are the party blocking further US oil exploration, extraction etc. e.g.. Anwr. They would be an indirect cause of going to war with Iraq for oil.

As to wmds - not only has there been US but also Russian intelligence regarding this.
    Saddam has used chemical weapons in the past - ask the Kurds. It is like the wind - you can feel it and see its effects but you can't prove it by videotape [ unless it were a tornado ].

Grace and Peace
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2007, 03:46 PM
    I got to page 3 of this thread and I want to just respond to the original post.

I, as an American, support every soilder in the United States of America Military. I think it takes courage and bravery to do what you do.
    I think our military - worldwide - keeps us safe. I think because of our military we are provided with certain liberties. I applaud the soldiers fighting for our country.

As for the war, I wish it would end. I wish every soilder could come home.
    I do not support the war anymore because the longer it goes on - the more apparent it seems to be for no reason. I do not want another one of our soldiers dying.
    Saying that though does not mean I do not support you, the soilder.

Thank you for your service and come home soon.
    Greg Quinn Posts: 486, Reputation: 85

May 30, 2007, 07:20 PM
    Attn: Start over 22:I saw your comment on the watching the documentary the truth about the war in Iraq, this is a documentary that has been straight to the point from the get go. It says that the government has lied about weapons of mass destruction. This documentary was made by a famous film maker... If the gentleman I had been in discussion with on that subject says that he has seen this film, and still believes it is possible for a second that his government never lied. He clearly never watched this movie. I have read your posts and advice and have seen that you are calm and reasonable. I am a little more of a hot head when people lie to me. This gentleman and I had private messaged a few times. He asks questions... But won't believe numbers and facts that have been presented, even with reference. This film simply proved it self to be right, it presented government based facts and proof through out, and could never ever be taken in any other way having watched it. I know that there are movies that you could walk away and debate over the point of facts... This is and was not that movie. If a person were to disagree with this they would have to either 1: NOT have watched this documentary, or 2: Will not accept facts in order to protect their image of something they want to believe in. Either way, I feel that I have been duped into explaining and having a discussion with a brick wall that asks questions but will object to any answer.

[/QUOTE] Auttajasi:

(though maybe I don't want to admit that we are that corrupt of a country). This doesn't seem like something that we have any evidence for, at least that I have heard or read.

I have heard many people use this argument, and they may be right and they may be wrong. Is this documented or just opinion? I am asking sincerely. /UnQuote.

I am now done on this subject. You should all look into what is going on in your country. From your Vote counting machines, Who owns them? Who is Bushes biggest contributor? These issues are linked.
    I have my archives here and am going to give you some available underground Dvds.

Loose change-

Confronting the evidence:9-11

Loose change 2 louder than words-

Alex Jones police state 1 2&3

Alex Jones Martial Law-

Alex Jones American Dictators- This one is really good.

Alex Jones Terror storm -

And of course :The truth about the Iraq war-

These are just a few of the ones I have, please look into this... My friends think I am amazing for having found these things, but it was really my friend Corie. These videos are not for the week minded. Keep old people away. Old people do not want to hear this stuff, I don't blame them. THESE ARE AMERICAN VIDEOS! Made by great Americans.

Good luck. Greg Quinn
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

May 30, 2007, 07:36 PM
    I supprot our efforts in Iraq, and world-wide. And anyone who likes to post messages on the web should, too. Without our governmetns attempts to keep the battle off our beaches, we couldn't sip our lattes and guffaw at world politics while keeping in touch on our Blackberries.

Our troops and their efforts are greatly, deeply, and dearly appreciated. Don't ever think otherwise!
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

May 30, 2007, 07:46 PM
    americans love, respect and value our soldiers, (All of them.) I would like (and would) to kick the crap out of anyone who would spit on one.I am also sure that if that person Had not known that those soldiers would not do the same he would not have done that (like all cowards)
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2007, 07:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3046
    americans love, respect and value our soldiers, (All of them.) I would like (and would) to kick the crap out of anyone who would spit on one.I am also sure that if that person Had not known that those soldiers would not do the same he would not have done that (like all cowards)
    Im not being anti troops here matt. If you read my posts you will see I respect the troops like most others.

But sure when you say you love "all of them" you don't mean the ones that rape and torture do you? Small minority I know, but it is something that has occurred none the less!
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2007, 07:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Quinn
    Attn: Start over 22:I saw your comment on the watching the documentary the truth about the war in Iraq, this is a documentary that has been straight to the point from the get go. It says that the government has lied about weapons of mass destruction. This documentary was made by a famous film maker...If the gentleman I had been in discussion with on that subject says that he has seen this film, and still believes it is possible for a second that his government never lied. He clearly never watched this movie. I have read your posts and advice and have seen that you are calm and reasonable. I am a little more of a hot head when people lie to me. This gentleman and I had private messaged a few times. He asks questions...But wont believe numbers and facts that have been presented, even with reference. This film simply proved it self to be right, it presented government based facts and proof through out, and could never ever be taken in any other way having watched it. I know that their are movies that you could walk away and debate over the point of facts...This is and was not that movie. If a person were to disagree with this they would have to either 1: NOT have watched this documentary, or 2: Will not accept facts in order to protect their image of something they want to believe in. Either way, I feel that I have been duped into explaining and having a discussion with a brick wall that asks questions but will object to any answer.
    Auttajasi:
    (though maybe I don't want to admit that we are that corrupt of a country). This doesn't seem like something that we have any evidence for, at least that I have heard or read.

I have heard many people use this argument, and they may be right and they may be wrong. Is this documented or just opinion? I am asking sincerely. /UnQuote.

I am now done on this subject. You should all look into what is going on in your country. From your Vote counting machines, Who owns them? Who is Bushes biggest contributor? These issues are linked.
    I have my archives here and am going to give you some available underground Dvds.

Loose change-

Confronting the evidence:9-11

Loose change 2 louder than words-

Alex Jones police state 1 2&3

Alex Jones Martial Law-

Alex Jones American Dictators- This one is really good.

Alex Jones Terror storm -

And of course :The truth about the Iraq war-

These are just a few of the ones I have, please look into this... My friends think I am amazing for having found these things, but it was really my friend Corie. These videos are not for the week minded. Keep old people away. Old people do not want to hear this stuff, I don't blame them. THESE ARE AMERICAN VIDEOS! Made by great Americans.

Good luck. Greg Quinn[/QUOTE]

Don't forget Art Bell And George Nori on the CoasttocoastAM Website. I'll bet Corie listens to them. Conspiracy Theories will drive you mad if you let them. Just trust in Divine Intervention. Alex Jones is a great guy and I am sure he means well but he believe our own Gov. hit the Twin Towers. He is a bit over board. Do you actually believe everything he proclaims?
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2007, 08:50 PM
    I thought anything was better than CNN but have you ever watched Lou Dobbs? The guy is right on and he takes no prisoners. He was the first to report about the North American Union. Yesterday, he had some meat packers Union Business Agent on and picked his bones about hiring illegal aliens and the effect it has had on wages going from $19.00 per hour to $9.00 per hour. The idiot was speechless. What could he say? That is why the borders are open, so corporate America can drop our wages to slave pay.
    Greg Quinn Posts: 486, Reputation: 85

May 30, 2007, 10:23 PM
    Dobbs is OK. I like your Fact/Quote on Arnie, man he's a dirty bastar* if I ever saw one. He was my hero for so long growing up. It was such a shame to see so many things I never saw before. Now I see his wife Maria Schriver on Oprah and it bothers me.
    Oh yeah... I know how that conspiracy stuff can get you out there, Corie is still in the rabbit hole and the Green pill is wearing off. Lol, I left this stuff for a while and stuck to Bill Maher. Now I come in here and this fraud soldier is faking knowledge. I hate that... Just wasted so much of my day on him. Whatever. I think God created evolution as well. LOL... Willie Nelson should be president.

I think you and I may have closed this bar down! MAGPROB? Lets go to the STD blogs and find us a few females. Lol TTyl

May 30, 2007, 11:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Skell
    Im not being anti troops here matt. If you read my posts you will see i respect the troops like most others.

But sure when you say you love "all of them" you dont mean the ones that rape and torture do you? Small minority i know, but it is something that has occurred none the less!!

Yes well there are criminals in any group. I think you should know that no one cares for immoral solders anymore than they care for immoral people in general. You seem to attempt to take any chance you can to degrade anything American. Well let me tell you this, it is and will always be the greatest country on earth (so get over it.) When the day comes that whatever country you live in needs help (of any kind), I bet I can tell you who will be the first there... American soldiers.
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2007, 12:39 AM
    How sad in a thread about a soldier the word "liar" would be even possible.

Got to tell you, that red box I wear proudly.

Staying on topic here...

I also like to add that most if not all of my post refer to the brave US troops, believe you me, the troops from around the world, who are our friends and stand right beside us through all of this madness, are in my heart and prayers as well. Bless all of them and may they all be coming home soon safe and sound.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 31, 2007, 01:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Skell
    Im not being anti troops here matt. If you read my posts you will see i respect the troops like most others.

But sure when you say you love "all of them" you dont mean the ones that rape and torture do you? Small minority i know, but it is something that has occurred none the less!!
    I see that you got a bunch of reddies for that one but I don't get their point. Here is the premise: we are supposed to dismiss the small minority of soldiers that rape, torture and kill civilians out of retaliation/frustration but we should not dismiss the small minority of people that alledgely spat on a soldier. Something seems wrong here. There are fringe people in every society. Just being a member of a certain group does not grant you instant respect, that is earned individually. Same holds true for priests, politicians, etc.
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2007, 02:58 AM
    Sorry Skell, I didn't see you get a bunch of reddies for that. I will take a look at it after I am done here. I do see what your saying, here's my take on it:

Oh NK now way could I personally EVER dismiss the inhumans that would dare spit on a soldier. Disgusting on so many levels.

Now, as far as I am concern, those who put a uniform on and did those horrible things were not and are not soldiers. The are not considered a part nor member of that group. They are sick individuals and their actions should never distort the image of the fine upstanding soldier.

Same things goes for those who put on the priest collar and do those horrific things. Sorry, they are not priest and never ever were.

By Definition - A soldier is an honorable man or women who brave defends his or her country in a distinquised way. By that definition, for those who fall into that category, you bet, I love every one of them.

You guys will have a field day with this one - go on, go ahead :). It's just how I categorize it, it is my beliefs and what I feel truths. I am not saying they are right, but it is strongly what I believe. I would never ever let the sick ones who do those things take anything away from those that give so much.

May 31, 2007, 08:30 AM
    Oh and I am sure that your country, will respond likewise for us.Its what good people do for each other. I nowhere in my post mentioned anything about criminals, being included, those "people" are later prosecuted by, yeah you guessed it other soldiers. I am just saying picking apart a post simply to imply your own opinions is obnoxious, and disrespectful of me and out troops. Our military has the highest code of ethics of any military organization in the history of the world.
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2007, 11:47 AM
    Allheart, you said it girlie! I think the majority of us are behind you.
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2007, 04:28 PM
    Yes well there are criminals in any group. I think you should know that no one cares for immoral solders anymore than they care for immoral people in general. You seem to attempt to take any chance you can to degrade anything American. Well let me tell you this, it is and will always be the greatest country on earth (so get over it.) When the day comes that whatever country you live in needs help (of any kind), I bet I can tell you who will be the first there... American soldiers.
    Once again I will say that this is utter BS! Complete and utter BS!!

I did not and have not degraded anything American. If you cared to read my posts, if you are even capable of understanding them correctly, you would see that I always state I am not anti American. I am not. I merely ask questions. As I did above.

I don't agree with many things your government does, just as I don't agree with many things my governenment does. So what do I do, I question them.

I don't shove my head in my butt and pretend things don't happen like you would.

I take offense to your post and to magprobs agreement with it.

For the record Mag, I am absolutely horrified at the ill treatment of Aborigines. And if you care to know I volunteer at a University and help aboriginal students with their classes. It appalls me even more to hear some of the stories they have to tell me.

Unlike you and matt rather than just sit and whine about it on an internet site I get up and do something about it! I help the people that I see in need and that we as a country have mistreated. Don't get me started on American Indians and the hate portrayed by your population.

Matt, all I asked was that you can't say you support all American troops. Just like you can't say all Muslims are terrorists.

Please read Karma post above for what I'm getting at!!

And refrain from making unfounded allegations about what I supposedly think of your country. ]

And the best country in the world tag has already been taken buddy. You can have No. 2!! :)
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2007, 04:35 PM
    Oh and I am sure that your country, will respond likewise for us.Its what good people do for each other. I nowhere in my post mentioned anything about criminals, being included, those "people" are later prosecuted by, yeah you guessed it other soldiers. I am just saying picking apart a post simply to imply your own opinions is obnoxious, and disrespectful of me and out troops. Our military has the highest code of ethics of any millitary orginization in the history of the world.
    I did not pick apart your post. I agreed with it.

I merely aksed a question. Questions are there to be asked.

You immediately went on the defensive. Why? I never disrespected anyone. Who was I obnoxious. Your making more unfounded claims against me. Complete BS. Prove to me my obnoxiousness. Prove my disrespect.

Asking questions are not disrespectful Matt!!

How do you know your military has the highest code of ethics of any in the world. Again, please prove it to me.

There is nothing wrong of being proud of your country, heck, I'm the proudest aussie you will meet. But it doesn't mean I can't see fault. It is something you seem to have a great problem doing.

You have deeply offended me with your comments on this post matt.
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2007, 04:37 PM
    Comments on this post
    magprob agrees: That is the truth. We all have skeletons in our closets. Aboriginal people were not treated real well.

Care to explain to me your point mag??

We do all have skeletons in our closet. I don't have a problem opening the closet unlike some of you seem to!
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2007, 04:38 PM
    I love opening my closet, it shows dignity and respect for others to be humble!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is my soldier cheating? [ 7 Answers ]

I am 37 years old and have been with my husband for 9 years and married for 8 years this month. He is in the Army and deployed to a combat zone. He has been gone for 8 months. For the entire time he has been gone he has been writing love letters to me and he writes to me about sexual fantasies...

Soldier in Iraq [ 7 Answers ]

So my friend is in iraq fighting the war. I sent him care packages and emails ever since he left. We are just friends and always will be just friends. So anyway his girlfriend has his password to his email account and lately has been checking his emails. She read his mom's email to him, his sister...

Courthouse marriages to a soldier [ 4 Answers ]

OK my name is nicole I am 17 years old. My fiancé is being deployed in the end of August to go to iraq. He is in major debt so we decided before he leaves we were going to get married in a courthouse and have a small wedding with just family and when he gets back after a year and a half we are...

One brave soldier [ 14 Answers ]

I saw this story and thought to myself "what would other people think." so I'm posting it here and would like peoples opinions on it. Conscientious Rejector? - Kevin Sites in the Hot Zone From Yahoo! News I'll let you all know what I think in a day or two

What's the best Anti Spyware and the best Anti Virus? [ 4 Answers ]

Just curious as to what works best for you? Take care, Happy Holidays to you and yours

View more questions Search