Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Becca1025 Posts: 422, Reputation: 45

May 26, 2007, 10:43 PM
    Extreme fatigue
    A few days after I found I am pregnant, I have had the worst fatigue! I'm only seven weeks! When I wake up in the morning, a few hours later I feel as if I haven't slept in days. When I'm at work it is really hard for me to stay focused and stay awake throughout the day. I am eating a good diet filled with all the protien iron calcium, etc etc... all that good stuff. When I'm not feeling sick I try to eat those small meals or small snacks (granola bars yogurt trailmix)... So what are some ways that I can get more energy and more awake. This is killing me! Also my stomache muscles are already sore, sometimes they feel as if they are being pulled. I haven't gained any weight, my pants fit a little uncomfortable, isn't it too early for that? I already saw my midwife yesterday, I didnt get an ultra sound since I am only 7 weeks, but I also forgot to ask her about that tummy soreness.... opinions advice?? Anything would be great. I just want to be able to stay awake all day without feeling so exausted!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 26, 2007, 11:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Becca1025
    A few days after I found I am pregnant, I have had the worst fatigue! I'm only seven weeks! When I wake up in the morning, a few hours later I feel as if I haven't slept in days. When I'm at work it is really hard for me to stay focused and stay awake throughout the day. I am eating a good diet filled with all the protien iron calcium, etc etc... all that good stuff. When I'm not feeling sick I try to eat those small meals or small snacks (granola bars yogurt trailmix)... So what are some ways that I can get more energy and more awake. This is killing me! Also my stomache muscles are already sore, sometimes they feel as if they are being pulled. I haven't gained any weight, my pants fit a little uncomfortable, isn't it too early for that? I already saw my midwife yesterday, I didnt get an ultra sound since I am only 7 weeks, but I also forgot to ask her about that tummy soreness.... opinions advice?? Anything would be great. I just want to be able to stay awake all day without feeling so exausted!
    I think the fatigue will go away but you should ask that midwife if there is anything you can to counter it other then just getting a really good catch up sleep. Can you take a couple of days off to accomplish a good long rest period ?
    babieface85 Posts: 332, Reputation: 24

May 27, 2007, 09:10 AM
    I was so sleepy at 7 weeks. I drank caffeine to stay awake, however;I stuck to my doctors limits-no more then one cup a day( I read online you can have up to three cups). Eating fruit may help as well. The first three months are a pain. I also have had the pulling feeling my whole pregnancy. You seem fine to me :)
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

May 27, 2007, 11:49 AM
    I think what your feeling is round ligament pain... It isn't always painful but it does tug and pull and you do get sore from it. As far as upset stomaches go try jerky or anything with ginger in it. I can't say anything about the exhaustion... I was way exhausted through my pregnancy... Just keep trying to do the things you can and be happy you got that done... lol

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Muscle fatigue and Soreness without working out. [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, Im a 24 year old mother of two. I work all day long but I sit at a desk, and I don't do anything that's considered strenuous. I recently started getting a weak tingling feeling in my legs, yesterday was really bad, I felt like I could barely walk, when I bent down to pick up my daugter I...

Its gone from one extreme to the other! [ 2 Answers ]

We have a year old kitten, he has been spayed, and after the last trip to the vets, we were told he is fit and well. We have always had a problem with his litter box/training etc. when we got him we were told he was litter trained, we got him when he was 12 weeks old and he settled in well. Long...

Extreme dizziness [ 3 Answers ]

Okay, I am a smoker, have been for almost two years and I am ready to quit. I have tried going cold turkey, but I always start again, after a week or so. I have tried the patch and the gum, to no avail. Every time I smoke a cigarette, I get really dizzy and my body feels like it weighs a ton. I...

Muscle Fatigue, soreness [ 3 Answers ]

I'm a 38 year old male who still enjoys playing basketball. My problem is that if I play on Monday my knees and legs are so sore I usually have to wait a day or two before I play again. If I try to play Tuesdays it seems to get progressively worse. Any hints on fighting muscle fatigue and...

Fatigue [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. This is my first time having posted anything on this site. I have a question in regards to the massive ammounts of fatigue that I have been experiencing lately. I have been getting the recommended ammounts of sleep, yet I still feel like I am going to collapse all the time. True, my...

View more questions Search