Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shanee Posts: 25, Reputation: 3

May 26, 2007, 08:54 PM
    Day After Pill
    Where can you find it and how much does it cost? How does it work?
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

May 26, 2007, 09:33 PM
    According to the Mayo Clinic, the pill, called Plan B, is available through the pharmacy, without a prescription, to women over 18. If the woman is under 18, a doctor's prescription is needed. The Mayo Clinic article gives various information, including how the pill works:
    Morning-after pill: Emergency birth control - MayoClinic.com

The following site gives you information on locations where you can find Plan B:
    Emergency Contraception

One more article about the pill:
    Plan B Consumer Home Page

When in doubt, call your pharmacy and ask. They can tell you the updated laws, the availabilty and cost.

Here are also websites for the abortion pill, RU-486:
    RU486Facts.org - Medical Information about RU-486 (Mifepristone)
    Abortion Clinics & Abortion Pill Providers
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

May 27, 2007, 03:58 PM
    How does it work?

It is loaded with high level hormones that bring on a period within 12-24 hours, thereby removing the endometrium (uterine lining) as well as any potentially implanted embryo. Therefore removing the potential "pregnancy".

Cheers
    ncgirl_21 Posts: 79, Reputation: 6

May 29, 2007, 02:04 PM
    I have taking the plan B pill recently I got it at wal-mart pharmacy for 45.00 I don't encourage girls to take it on a regular basis but I understand when a slip up happens my soon to b husband went and got it for me cause we had a slip up and we didn't want me getting prgnant before our wedding day. It didn't really affect my cycle or nything it just came a few days earlier than usual then everything was back to normal. Its 2 very small pill one you take right away the other 12 hrs later.
    rrkneeavis Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2007, 02:52 PM
    If you also have a free clinic where you live or a Planned Parenthood... you can get the plan B for free... that's what I did!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Could I be pregnant if I miss a day, the day after ovulation? [ 5 Answers ]

I have been on birth control for 7 months and I take my pill everyday at 7:00 almost every day. I accidentally skipped one of my days. But the day that I skipped, stupidly I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend that day. It was around the time of my ovulation time but the day I supposidly...

My mom has proplems with takeing pill like pain pill and stuff [ 6 Answers ]

I found this pill it is pink oval pill on one side it has a S on it the other side as numbers 8667 with a spilt line to.I would ask her but I don't want me not trusting her driving her back to them.I will trow the pill a way onces I find what it is so please help let me know if is is some kind of...

The Pill [ 2 Answers ]

Im trying to research different birth control pills and I want to find out which one is best for me. What are the different brands of the birth control Pills?

What pill is this? Yellow Oval Pill [ 2 Answers ]

The pill is a yellow and oval on one side it has 650 on the other side it is either O M or W O, What is this pill used for.

View more questions Search