Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrscoltweaver Posts: 240, Reputation: 20

May 26, 2007, 11:59 AM
    How to Bulid a Lure Course for Dogs
    I just saw a lure course for dogs in action at our annual Pets in the Park and it was the funniest thing I've ever seen! The dogs were frothing at the mouth to get to the "prey" that was actually a plastic grocery store bag on a continuous cable system powered by a battery. Anyone know how to build this thing?
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

May 26, 2007, 05:56 PM
    Hi MrsC! How are you my dear? Hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend.

Re: Lure course, please see this link: Lure Coursing Fanatics - Build Your Own Course

It is good exercise for pets. I personally don't like the idea just because it is too reminiscent of what they do to greyhounds. But obviously, you won't be treating your dogs the way the racing owners do.

One of the other things you might want to consider is building an agility course. They are great fun, a great way to exercise both the mind and the body of your dog. My dog loves doing the agility course. Here is a link with that info: Dog Play: Just For Fun Agility - Equipment
    mrscoltweaver Posts: 240, Reputation: 20

May 27, 2007, 05:16 AM
    I knew I could count on RPB!! I am in the business proposal stage of constructing a boarding kennel on my land and thought this would be a good addition for entertainment (mine and the dogs!). People were paying $5 to let the dogs go for about 2 minutes. She was making some bucks! Just FYI, we are trying to go with an all suite kennel-no cages, just little bedrooms. I think I've found my calling! I don't have any pics yet but you can go to my website- Ruffhouse Dog Boarding - Home

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Hot Dogs For Dogs [ 7 Answers ]

My 20 Month Old -13 Lb Female Shih Tzu Has Always Been A Picky Eater. Recently We Gave Her A Beef Hot Dog... she Won't Eat Anything Else. I Give Her 2 Hot Dogs At Noon & 2 At 6pm... she Lovvvvvvvvves Them & Is Happy As Can Be. Am I Feeding Her Too Much & Is She Getting Proper Nutrition? Thank You

Are hot dogs safe for dogs [ 7 Answers ]

Are hot dogs safe for me to feed to my dog,or are there any health issues I should be concerned with?

Too Many Dogs? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I have five dogs. The first one we got is a Yorkie/lasa mix His name is Teddy, he is about 18 months. We then got a Yorkie, Benjie, he is just a year+ then came a little Poodle, Peep and her brother Mr Brown, they will be one on February 1st. I am having a problem house training them all....

Desperate Help With Dogs [ 1 Answers ]

HI, My 2 almost five year old bichon frises REALLY need training. We brought them to training when they were little and then my parents ended that and now they have bad habits and do things on their own, and they have no disipline AT ALL. I have tried to do what I can, but it's really...

Dogs and swimming [ 3 Answers ]

I take my lab swimming regularly and was wondering how long can he swim for without coming back. The reason I ask is that he sometines can't find the ball but will not come back without it and I worry that he might not make it back. Any info is appreciated.

View more questions Search