Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rockerchick_682 Posts: 496, Reputation: 72

May 26, 2007, 05:42 AM
    Am I worth it?
    This is dumb, but I just broke up with my boyfriend... yesterday and I'm sure I should just wait it out till I don't feel this way anymore, but am I worth it? Am I pretty at all? Will I every find a mature guy that really wants a relationship with me?
    Ladyviper Posts: 221, Reputation: 36

May 26, 2007, 05:51 AM
    Pretty is a frame of mind, if you feel pretty then you are pretty. You are too young to be looking for Mr. Right, at age 17 you should be thinking about your future and career. Of course you are worth it, everyone is worthy of a loving relationship. Focus on school and friends, and one day when you least expect it and are ready for it, he will show up.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 26, 2007, 06:03 AM
    Your down now, and that's so normal after a break up, it feels like the end of the world, but its not, and with time and healing, and doing the things you enjoy, not only will you get over it but others will be attracted by your happy attitude, and positive nature. Keep a bat handy to beat them off, if you have to. Don't worry it will get better.
    papucho413 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2009, 03:41 AM
    SO sorry sweeheart,you getting me heartbroking too .
    kpdns Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2009, 10:04 PM

You obviously had a good reason for breaking up with the guy - trust your judgement and know that even if the situation is tough, you have done something that will, in the long run, leave you much happier. Buy yourself some flowers, get a pedicure/manicure, buy a cute top, get your hair done or buy some new lip gloss. Do something to change up your pattern and your every day look so that you feel special and fresh. It can be a symbol of your new life and will help you move on.
    smileyman22336 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1
    -

Jul 17, 2009, 06:13 PM

You should replace these questions with more important ones. How will I make a difference in this life? Ect.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jul 18, 2009, 04:07 AM
    It is normal to question many things when you have a breakup, and feel down about yourself, wondering if you will ever be happy again. Anybody going through a breakup will not get through it unscathed, and doubting everything.

The plus side of that is, you are smart enough to accept a breakup as 'the end' of a relationship. That shows maturity. Realizing it really is over, and accepting that, allows you to heal, become independent again, regain your confidence, and move on to the next relationship down the road.

You will also bring this new resolve through and be stronger and more experienced the next time. You will reach a point where you can appreciate what went wrong with the last one, and what was good. Figuring out things like that will help you find someone more suitable.

Take an inventory. You are not leaving one relationship without learning things about yourself that were good too. Having not experienced a breakup, you may never have realized how emotionally strong you are, or that you were capable of contributing to a relationship such as devotion, compassion, trustworthiness, loyalty, etc. All those things that you possess, you bring along to the next relationship.
    blondndisguise5 Posts: 78, Reputation: 7

Jul 23, 2009, 09:03 PM

This is a great time to go out into the world as your own woman and grow so much! Fill the space he's left with yourself and complete yourself. You are worth it, I MAN will come along and you want to just be as fully yourself and as interesting to share yourself with him. Focus on you right now because you ARE worth it, you have so much potential! And I know I don't know you but you are gorgeous :) my challenge to you is look in the mirror and every week pick our something new, even minute that you like about yourself and when you walk around think about how great that feature is!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is it worth? [ 3 Answers ]

I have some old baseball cards and have no idea what they might be worth. They are: Nolan Ryan 1992 from Leaf, Inc. #22 of 26 Mark Davis 1991 from Leaf, Inc. #54 Andrew Neal Allanson 1191 Leaf, Inc. #42 Ivan Calderon 1991 Leaf, Inc. #48

Self-worth - what do you do to take care of your self-worth? [ 21 Answers ]

I think we are all so great to take care of others, however how can we learn to take care of ourselves more? What things can one do to take care of their own self-worth, self-respect, etc.

Is it worth it [ 11 Answers ]

My now ex partner and I were on a trip over thanksgiving it didn't go well at the end. My now ex partner said we should do conseling and I agreed. We didn't talk for a few days and the next thing I heard was I broke up with her. My ex dose not want to talk to me but, wants to do conseling maybe....

View more questions Search