Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sturoc Posts: 38, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2005, 09:01 PM
    MB CPU upgrade
    Hello,
    Thinking of upgrading Mboard and cpu in current PC. Can I keep HD's intact or do they need to be reformatted and reloaded with programs and files?
    THanks
    Stu
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 10, 2005, 04:34 PM
    First its neither necessary or good practice to post several similar notes in different categories. You are better off just having one place for discussion.

Second, depending on how much different the new hardware is, you may need to reformat or you may be able to load in Safe Mode and change and reload the drivers.
    sturoc Posts: 38, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2005, 08:05 PM
    MB cpu upgrade
    Will take your info into consideration.
    As far as the postings are concerned I post where I may get the most pinpoint response. So ease up.
    Stu
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 11, 2005, 05:31 AM
    The fact is that most of the volunteers who answer questions here browse all the topics. So you really aren't doing yourself any favors with a scatter gun approach.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Upgrade to xp [ 3 Answers ]

Quick question.If I do and upgrade of windows me with windows home edition will I keep the data I have on that drive.Thanks in advance.

Upgrade [ 1 Answers ]

What should I buy to make my honda civic go fast but not spending too much ?

Gas piping upgrade [ 6 Answers ]

I am consider installing a tankless water heater. The gas line that goes to my current hot water tank is a 1/2 inch galvanized drop from a 3/4 line in the attic. This 3/4 line seems to come off a reducer coupling from the main supply line that is at least a 1.4 inch size. The unit I am considering...

Upgrade 8.6 to 9 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Power PC, Power Macintosh 9600/233 it is running OS 8.6. I would like to install either OS 9 or X. I have both CDs bun niether work >:(. How can I install them? Thank you :)

Xp upgrade [ 3 Answers ]

Would it be feasible to upgrade a 98SE, Compaq,amdk6,256ram,10g h.d. to xphome? It is only used to store word docs and access internet

View more questions Search