Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fix-what-you-broke Posts: 305, Reputation: 61

May 26, 2007, 02:36 AM
    Where is temp folder?
    My partner downloaded a movie last night off one of the sites like YouTube, when promted to save the only option it gives is temp folder.
    He left the comp on last night to finnish the download, but this morning he cannot find it anywhere.
    He has looked in programme files/windows/my computer etc, and also did a search for the movie title and temp folder but still nothing??
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 26, 2007, 03:31 AM
    When you download it tells you the name of the folder. You should make a note of it. There are often multiple temp folders. There should be one under the Windows folder.
    check_himu Posts: 18, Reputation: 3

Jun 3, 2007, 03:22 AM
    Hello
    ScottGem is right. You must remember the path where file is being downloaded. There is a Temp folder in WINDOWS folder.
    There is one temp folder on hard drive on which WINDOWS is loaded(generally C:). In this there is also a Temp folder. But it is hidden. To see this hidden folder do the following:
    Open My Computer. Click on Tools menu and choose Folder Options... Now click on View tab. There is a option called Hidden files and folders. Choose Show hidden files and folders and click OK.
    Now open the drive on which WINDOWS is loaded(generally C:). There you will see a folder Temp. Look inside it also.
    If it does not solves problem then tell me. I will give you another solution.
    jstrike Posts: 418, Reputation: 44

Jun 3, 2007, 12:30 PM
    The easiest way to find the location of the Windows Temp folder is to open a DOS window and type set temp and hit enter. That will give you the path to the windows temp folder.
    Typically something like: C:\Documents and Settings\\Local Settings\Temp

My guess though is that it's probably not there. What you can do is try to download the file again and when it prompts you to save you can click on the folder list box and look at the directories above the temp folder. That will tell you where it's actually at. Remember to cancel the download or you run the risk of overwriting the file.

EDIT: Whoops... C:\Documents and Settings\--your username--\Local Settings\Temp
    It removed the brackets...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Install folder is missing from my Windows (XP) folder [ 3 Answers ]

How odd. Tried to install a program and got "1607: Unable to install InstallShield Scripting Runtime". I found the fix options at microsoft.com but one of them refers to C:\Windows\Installer - and I realize I don't have it! How the heck it disappeared I have no clue :confused: Hope hope...

Differential of return temp and cooled exit air temp [ 1 Answers ]

Here is the problem I am having, I had a new unit installed last year on my new house. I noticed that the compressor runs for a long time and shut off for a short period. This got my attention and wondered if the unit is running efficiently. I had my doubts from the start since the A coil looked...

Temp gauge showing temp, 2001 Chev Malibu [ 13 Answers ]

I have a 2001 Chev Malibu LS, V6, temp gauge is not showing any heat at all, not registering when I know the coolant is hot ? Veh has about 126000 mi on it, never been flushed out, thought I would attempt to flush myself but don't you think the problem might be a bad thermostat ? If so, where and...

Temp Internet Folder [ 3 Answers ]

Can someone tell me how web searches are ending up in the internet web folders marked as cookies? And how to stop it. I can't view anything. As soon as I click on something instead of it opening up it downloads to the temporary internet folder. Thank you!:rolleyes:

Question about supply temp. & return temp. [ 3 Answers ]

The AC system produced supply temps. At 57-60 degrees on the first floor With a return temp. of 71 degrees. The second floor supply temp. is at 59 degrees with a return temp. of 72 degrees. I know there should be at least a 15 degree temp. difference from the supply to return. There was also an...

View more questions Search