Is TEA harmfull to body or not?
    Hi.

I want to know is TEA harm full to body or not
    In a day I drink maximum 4 cups of Lipton machine tea

Please tell me the harmfulness of tea and also benefits
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

May 26, 2007, 10:41 AM
    Here's what I know about Tea, Black, green or red (Oolong), all contain polyphenols (antioxidant properties), just have different chemical structures. Antioxidants help us protect our boodies from free radical damage. Polyphenols may reduce certain certain kinds of cancer, gastric, esophagel, and skin, with as little as 2 cups a day. I've read studies where it a possible aid in the reduction in heart attacks and strokes, also a good source of fluoride. Green tea is the least processed. (But green tea extracts, or supplements still have not been proven to have the same benefits). A cup of tea contains 40 mg of caffeine, green tea about 15-50 mg, depending on brand. To get the best benefits from tea you have to OMIT THE CREAM, SUGAR, MILK, lemon is good. Decaffeinated tea has less polyphenols. The recommended amount is 1-2 cups a day for anyone. I drink green tea at least four glasses a day and I've never seen any bad effects and I seem to have more energy, then when I don't drink it. Hope this helps!
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

May 26, 2007, 10:57 AM
    In the past week here in the UK we have been told that there is new evidence to show that drinking fresh tea (without milk/sugar etc etc) is actually better for us than drinking water!!

Drinking Tea Is Better For Health Than Plain Water
    ahmeia0a Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2010, 01:38 AM
    I donot think tea is harmfull if taken with lemon or pudeen hara leaves.
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2010, 05:36 AM

Tea is good for you. One interesting study in England found that older women who drink tea have stronger bones than those who don't. And there are a lot of other health benefits.
    cazort Posts: 23, Reputation: 2

Dec 13, 2010, 08:50 AM
    It's not fully understood and there is a lot of new research currently unfolding, but the general consensus is that tea is pretty good for you. But like anything, there are some downsides to tea. I've been working on a page about the health benefits of tea that also discusses a few of the downsides. The main downsides of tea are the caffeine (which can be bad if you have too much, or in certain sensitive individuals), and the fact that chemicals in tea can inhibit the absorption of iron and other nutrients. The main benefits of tea seem to be a lowered risk of heart disease, and improved concentration from the moderate amounts of caffeine. There are a lot of other proposed health benefits but the science behind them is uncertain.

Also, this is not scientific, but my personal impression is that high-quality, loose-leaf tea is probably healthier (it is certainly fresher and tastes a lot better!) than mass-produced tea like Lipton. While Lipton can be perfectly tasty and enjoyable, if you haven't tried really good loose tea, you don't know what you're missing. I run an informational tea website, RateTea.net, which has lots of information if you are interested in learning more about tea. If you contact me on this site or that one, I'd be glad to give you some personal recommendations, and you can also read my tea reviews on that site!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tea [ 1 Answers ]

IS FooJoy China Classic Tea the same as Wulong tea?

Coffee and tea [ 12 Answers ]

I'm trying to become healthy I'm eating a healthy balanced diet And I have also joined a gym I've cut down an alcohol and I'm trying to flush toxins out by drinking a lot of water Fi have 2 questions 1. is tea and coffee really bad for you? Is it best to cut it out completely or just cut...

Green Tea [ 3 Answers ]

I have a thyroid disease (hyper) Can I drink green tea? Some say yes others say no.Please help

Okinawan tea [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, does anyone know if you can drink this while pregnant?

Oiknawan tea [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I order the authentic okinawan tea that was seen on OPRAH?

View more questions Search