Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    javawebgrrl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2007, 12:26 PM
    CSS borders show up for th but not td
    Hi All,
    I have the following in my css file, and then have a table defined with <table class="whiteBoard">.

For some reason, my th cells show the black borders around the cells as I would expect, but the td cells do not. I can't figure out why the td cells have no borders. Anyone see something I am not seeing ? Thanks!

.whiteBoard {
    border-width: 1px;
    border-color: gray;
    background-color: white;
    }
    .whiteBoard th {
    border-width: 2px;
    padding: 2px;
    border-style: solid;
    border-color: black;
    }
    .whiteBoard td {
    border-width: 2px;
    padding: 2px;
    border-style: solid;
    border-color: black;
    }
    robertva Posts: 249, Reputation: 30

May 25, 2007, 02:24 PM
    Have you tried eliminating the spaces in the style names?

WhiteBoardtd instead of whiteBoard td

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do we have borders or not! [ 14 Answers ]

I just watched a story about our borders and lack of being able to control them, and the guy they interviewed said the twelve million illegals already in this country, without documentation or credential, should be aloud to stay... because "they're here already" No account on how they are taking...

Paint over borders? [ 3 Answers ]

I have borders in the rooms that I will be painting with new latex paint. Can I paint the room over the existing borders and then repaint the borders with a different color paint to highlight them, to make them seem that they are a new border without the detail and just a new paint color? I will...

Css vs. Html [ 9 Answers ]

Ok, I thought there was a thread onthis but I couldn't find it. I wanted to know when I should use CSS and when I should use HTML? I noticed websites that are using CSS are still using HTML, psecifically tables, to do some of there layout. I thought that was a no, no since CSS came out. I am...

Cell/Table Borders [ 4 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I'm currently trying to build a website for my new business. I know a very good base about html and Dreamweaver which is the platform I'm using to build my site. I'm having a huge dilemma, my business partner wants to see the website a certain way, but I can't seem to get the...

Need help with css [ 2 Answers ]

I was talking to a buddy and was told that I need to learn css to help me in website creation. He told me to use dreamweaver and use the help features on it and also to search on the net. I was wondering if anyone out there could tell me any web site or any book that would help me to...

View more questions Search