Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Libro Brother Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2007, 11:29 AM
    Timer Client/Café Timer
    Greetings fine folk,

1) First time posting so if I mess up or this is the wrong forum please have mercy :)
    2) I work for a medium public library and we are looking for a timer client/café timer for the 12 PCs we have available for library patron use. These 12 PCs are connected to the Internet and run Windows XP. Each patron is allowed one-hour use of these PCs per day.

Previously, we used Cyberstar Timer from Top Line Consulting but that conflicted with our setup and crashed all the time (and they stopped updating their software and refused to return our calls).

Currently, we have the patrons sign up on a paper form and we manually monitor their time limits. This bogs down our reference service and slows down the use of our internet PCs.

3) I would love to hear suggestions for suitable timer client/café timer. Cheap or freeware would be awesome. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. (and remember you are helping a non-profit organization so any advice you give grants you good karma)

Thanks,
    LB

May 30, 2007, 07:04 AM
    Anyone have any experience with this?:

Microsoft Shared Computer Toolkit for Windows XP Microsoft Shared Computer Toolkit for Windows XP
    Description: “Introducing powerful new software tools for shared computers in schools, libraries, Internet cafes, and other public places. The Shared Computer Toolkit helps make it easy to set up, safeguard, and manage reliable shared computers running genuine Windows XP.”
    Cost: Download, FREE

Jun 1, 2007, 07:47 AM
    Anyone?
    iAMfromHuntersBar Posts: 943, Reputation: 146

Jun 1, 2007, 07:51 AM
    The windows toolkit doesn't seem like the kind of thing you want, although it'll help with your security if you're unsure of how to lock down your machines!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

First timer woes [ 26 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I tried to have sex recently, we are both virgins, but she said that it was too painful and we stopped. Is there something I am doing wrong? Or is that just part of how it is going to be? Does anyone have any tips on how to get past this?

VT Timer [ 2 Answers ]

I'm trying to clean out my startup list of things that don't have to load at start up so my computer will load faster since it takes close to 5 minites to start now. I know the vttimer has to do with TV in/out communication but I don't know what that means. Could someone tell me what this is for...

First Timer and Residency [ 1 Answers ]

This is the first time I am filling out tax forms. I am trying to do it online but am getting nowhere. Most everything is fine but: In 2006 for the first part of the year I stayed at my mothers house in Freeport Illinois but did not work, then I went to Florida for a few months and worked, then...

Shower timer [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I googled shower timer and ended up here. Do you know of any instance where someone has installed a water timer above the showerhead for disabled person with upper body strength issues? Already tried putting a lever on the shower faucet and can't change the whole shower fixture. Seems like...

View more questions Search