Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

May 25, 2007, 03:26 AM
    Song with bagpipes or something
    I vaguely remember a song with bagpipes in it I think... I think its bagpipes, it always liked it, but could never remember its title or much about it... any help? Maybe it was whistling instead of bagpipes...
    WTFO Posts: 21, Reputation: 4

May 25, 2007, 09:44 PM
    You're kidding, right? How could anyone possibly figure this one out. Give us some real info if you want a realistic answer.

May 26, 2007, 04:41 AM
    I cant, that's all I can remember of it, but it was very catchy
    Neelie Posts: 512, Reputation: 39

May 26, 2007, 01:36 PM
    Any idea how long ago? Paul McCartney did Mull of Kintire 1977and that had bagpipe music.
    NorCal68 Posts: 79, Reputation: 6

May 26, 2007, 07:56 PM
    Why oh why did you have to bring up Mull of Kintire?. it took me 25 years to get that song outa my head! LOL

May 27, 2007, 03:35 PM
    Ummm I don't think it was the sort of song you snap fingers, more the kind you whistle along to.
    I remember hearing it on the radio (I live in australia) multiple times, so it must have been on the charts I guess, I can't imagine that thered be many songs like this on aussie radio.
    p.s- cool name NorCal68
    Ken 297 Posts: 112, Reputation: 24

May 27, 2007, 07:13 PM
    There isn't much to go on.
    Could it be Winchester Cathedral?
    Don't know what it has to do with bagpipes though but it was a catchy whistling song.
    How many years ago did you hear it?

May 27, 2007, 09:43 PM
    Just a thought: Any chance you can call the radio station and ask someone about the song?
    LuvMyMaltipoo Posts: 281, Reputation: 39

May 27, 2007, 09:49 PM
    What's the genre of music?
    LuvMyMaltipoo Posts: 281, Reputation: 39

May 27, 2007, 09:59 PM
    I feel like there should be a prize to whoever figures the mystery out first!
    Neelie Posts: 512, Reputation: 39

May 27, 2007, 11:55 PM
    Not quite sure why getting 'mull of Kintire' out of your head essential for your sanity, haha.

May 28, 2007, 09:21 PM
    Well let's see... as I vaguely recall, it was a never-ending-droning kind of slow thing. And when I was the manager of a broadcast station in Colorado, we had a new DJ who was all revved up to do a great job in our rock-oriented station: Very first song he plays for his station debut? Yep! Mull of Kintire! Thought I was going to have a stroke! LOL
    ... and that's part of the reason for my reply!.
    AltaVista Posts: 70, Reputation: 12

May 28, 2007, 09:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvMyMaltipoo
    I feel like there should be a prize to whoever figures the mystery out first!
    Just a thought: there's a Paranormal section on this site... maybe we could enlist the aid of a qualified Psychic! LOL...
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2007, 09:50 PM
    Long Way to the Top - ACDC

Bon Scott's mother lives in Perth too (Perth is in Western Aus where he / she is from people). That is the most famous song I know that has bagpipes and was probably played on a radio station you would listen to.
    samg1965 Posts: 14, Reputation: 3

May 29, 2007, 01:12 AM
    Was it The Animals... Sky Pilot? That has a bridge in it with bagpipes.
    Is it a classic rock song you're thinking of?
    samg1965 Posts: 14, Reputation: 3

May 29, 2007, 01:33 AM
    List of nontraditional bagpipe usage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Hey... Here is a list of where bagpipes have been used in "non-traditional" music. Includes some of the songs mentioned above.

Jun 2, 2007, 04:14 AM
    Thanks, ill check out the wiki thing and all the mentioned songs and ill see if any ring a bell. Sorry if I haven't been able to provide much info, though keep in mind, if I had a lot of info on it, I probably wouldn't need to ask the question.
    marielbane Posts: 7, Reputation: 3

Jun 12, 2007, 04:31 AM
    Is dropkick murphys played over there? They have loads of bagpipes in their music.

Jun 13, 2007, 07:31 PM
    You assume I know who dropkick murphys are? Ill look into it
    ronnielee Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2007, 09:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cal823
    i vaguely remember a song with bagpipes in it i think...i think its bagpipes, it always liked it, but could never remember its title or much about it...........any help? maybe it was whistling instead of bagpipes....
    Long way to the top.that is the song.:) :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who sings this song or what is the song title? [ 16 Answers ]

I'd like to know who sings or the song title of these lyrics: " I owe you (or IOU) oh you got to me, I'm gonna love you right back, I'm gonna repay you with love baby"

Led Zeppelin Song Question - Swan Song [ 6 Answers ]

I'm hoping you can help me. I've been asked by my boss to get a copy of a song called "Swan Song" by Led Zeppelin. He's giving it as a gift to someone that sings the song a lot. Now, I'm a Zeppelin fan and I've explained to my boss that the only thing titled Swan Song that Zeppelin had a hand...

I heard this song on the credits of a movie, and I really want to find this song [ 4 Answers ]

I can't remember the movie, but the credits were going off and this song was playing during the credits the words were like " Will you be the star of my story for life?" Also it mentions about Britney and Cristina, they're all right, but I want you to be the star of my story for life, and he...

Song from 70's love song do you know this? [ 3 Answers ]

I am going crazy trying to find this song. I have searched and searched... pleaase help if you can. Here's what I know about it. It's a love song and I am not sure if my words are all correct but it goes like this Cause I'm falling.. I'm fallinnnnnnnnnnn, I'm fallllllling , in love with you......

VH1 kitty cat players song. What is song? [ 0 Answers ]

On VH1 you see little collage kitties lip syncing a popular song during commercials. There was a song they were doing where one of the cats had a space helmet on and was playing the keyboard. Another cat had a weird halmet on and the part hey were singing went. "Sounds good, looks good, feels...

View more questions Search