Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2007, 09:04 PM
    Digging up a buried car!
    On June 15th 2007 in Tulsa OK, they will unearth a time capsule with a then brand new 1957 Plymouth Belvedere filled with all kinds of things from 50 years ago.
    You can read about the centennial at BuriedCar.com
    Very interesting news for anyone who may remember that day or have been to the Jubilee time capsule site.
    My guess on this one it will be in really bad shape. Any takers?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 25, 2007, 12:46 AM
    If this is indeed true, I would think that the car is probably okay since it was supposedly sealed in concrete. But, I don't think that any gas or oil-type liquids sealed in there would be any good anymore.
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2007, 07:33 PM
    Well, my guess was correct, folks. It looks like the concrete vault leaked over the past 50yrs and badly rusted the car. Items put in the car were pretty much destroyed by time and moisture. The time capsule buried with it survived just fine. Very interesting things were brought out of it.
    If you could imagine what was thought of THIS day back in '57, they probably thought we were in the Jetson's way of life by now. I'm still waiting to get that flying car to beat this interstate traffic lol.
    Check out some interesting video at the link above.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My dog won't stop digging! [ 24 Answers ]

Ruby and Labman, I have a dog, Kimmie, she is half lab and half either rott or dobie. Well, anyway, we cannot get her to stop digging up the back yard. She seems like she knows she is doing wrong because she looks up at the house before proceeding to dig. If she sees one of us she just mosies...

Buried sewer line [ 4 Answers ]

How do I detect or locate my buried sewer lines in my yard?

Buried not on Earth? [ 1 Answers ]

Can you name the only person who's remains have been buried on another celestial Body other than earth?

Siberian huskies digging [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 2 year old Siberian Husky as well as a 12 week old. The 2 year old is a female and is insistant on digging anywhere she has seen a chipmunk or other animal go and hide. We have but up large rocks in these areas, but she is somehow able to move them! I am sick of filling in holes... any...

Skunks Digging [ 1 Answers ]

I have a major problem with large skunks digging many holes in my yard at night and sometimes even during the day. Does anyone know any non-chemical ways to eliminate grubs? I have trapped many of them but some won't go in traps. What are good foods to use as bait?

View more questions Search