Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stevanrk Posts: 38, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2007, 09:43 AM
    Crankshaft pulley removal
    Well, I've decided to do a major service by myself and in my research, I found that the crankshaft pulley is a very difficult thing to remove. This is for a 95 civic DX SOHC. Napa autoparts does not have a tool for the job. I have seen some online, but am wondering what others recommend. Some say jama screwdriver into the flywheel teeth, but others say the screwdriver will slip out, for example. Thanks in advance.
    Regards,
    Steve
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

May 24, 2007, 10:07 AM
    A large screwdriver or pry bar should work fine.
    stevanrk Posts: 38, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2007, 10:16 AM
    This won't potentially break off a tooth on the flywheel? They say that the crankshaft pulley bolt requires around 180ft-lb torque! Thanks once again for the quick reply!
    Regards,
    Steve
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

May 24, 2007, 10:18 AM
    Use a square shaft screwdriver or pry bar. Just make sure it's wedged in there well. This setup works best, when used in conjunction with an air impact wrench.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Riding mower double pulley removal [ 10 Answers ]

I have a riding mower and I need to remove the double pulley that is on the engine shaft. I have already removed the bolt but the pulleys will not come off. Is there a special tool or technique I need to use?

Crankshaft Pully Bolt [ 5 Answers ]

Trying to loosen the crankshaft pulley bolt on a 87 Honda accord. Can't find away to hold the pulley and turn the bolt. Any help would be appreciated.

Pulley removal B&S small engine [ 1 Answers ]

How do you remove the drive pulley from the drive shaft on a Briggs and Statton engine?

'88 GMC AC pulley removal [ 6 Answers ]

My buddy has a 88 GMC pick-up truck and his AC pulley seized up. Any help on pulling this out?

1996 ford taurus Duratech crankshaft removal [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to help a friend out w/ his 96 Taurus Crankshaft. It is the original crankshaft and was originally a two piece unit. Anyway, Ford has upgraded the pulley totally and no longer has rubber for a dampener. In the pulley All I know is that I removed the crankshaft assembly which included 3...

View more questions Search