Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lescompguy Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2005, 01:22 PM
    No video no signal
    I had a problem with the video of my computer. There was no screen, it was blank. I tried the monitor on another computer and it worked. I also tried a different monitor on the same computer and it didn't work, so I determined it to be the box. The motherboard has a built in video card, serial, and parallel ports. I purchased a new video card for the pci slot and installed it, but I still have no screen and I can't figure out how to get into the computer to change the video setting to read from the pci slot. Help.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 6, 2005, 03:35 PM
    If you mobo had onboard video, you probably need to disable it for the new video card to work. Your system documentation should tell you how. Its probably in your CMOS settings.

May 6, 2005, 08:45 PM
    I'm working on that now... I've reset the cmos jumper and it only works half of the time... but when it does work it only goes to the Microsoft loading screen where it says Microsoft is loading... the screen with the progess bar... the bar locks up after it has completely loaded... I think the motherboard has crashed since I have had to reset the jumper... it still only works to the windows loading screen
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 7, 2005, 05:39 AM
    That's because you need to load the drivers for the new video board. You need to boot to safe mode so you can change over to default SVGA. Then reboot and load the correct drivers.

May 9, 2005, 09:30 AM
    I can't even get to safe mode now. It won't bring up a screen. It says no video input. I can't hear any POST beeps. I continually reset the cmos jumper and nothing happens. I switched the vid. Card from pci slot 3 to pci slot 1, still nothing. When I was able to get to safe mode a on Friday, it locked up before it was able to finish loading. I had to restart it and then I had to start all over resetting the cmos jumper.
    gamer Posts: 45, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2005, 06:22 PM
    I have the same problem, this is what I did and am still doing, pulled ram chips to check if 1 was bad, that will cause the system not to boot also,reseated the cpu and put on new thermo paste, after that the PC booted fine, the next day, wouldn't boot still, now this is what I'm going to do before I spend money, pull everything I don't need for boot, floppy, cdrom, nic, sound, down to 1 ram, and 1 hd, then start putting everything back 1 at a time to isolate the problem.mt PC has been running for 2 days now since I pulled ram chip. Now if you do all that and still have the same problem then I would go route of mobo, or cpu since mobo is cheaper go there first. Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ripping DVD Video to VCD Video [ 1 Answers ]

How can I rip my DVD video to VCD Video files. Is there out any freeware to do this. Please let me know the link for that. Thanx:rolleyes:

Formatted C and now no signal! [ 3 Answers ]

Hi The problem probably begins with the fact that I am no PC guru but I already know that (and you will to after reading this) so here's what happened... I wanted to reinstall Windows XP so stupidly I thought why not format my C - that has the OS on it - so that all the junk will be cleaned...

No Signal [ 3 Answers ]

Just built a new system. Pretty sure most of the specs are irrelevant except that you should know it's onboard video. So far the best I can come up with is that it's a faulty motherboard. Basically what happens is... nothing. I hook everything up, power up the computer and... nothing. Nothing...

No video signal [ 6 Answers ]

I picked up a hewlett packard 6343 has video on board and when I boot up monitor receives no signal input. I tried disabling on board video and put in a pci card that is brand new and still no signal. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks Paul

View more questions Search