Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babi_gurl Posts: 30, Reputation: 2

May 24, 2007, 06:33 AM
    Angles of elevation
    Heyy
    Amy sees a radio tower at a bearing of 293 degrees and measures the angle of elevation to the top of the tower at 10 degrees. John is 350 metres from amy and measures the angle of elevation to the top of the tower at 6 degrees. The bearing from john to amy is 252 degrees. Find the height of the tower
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

May 24, 2007, 09:15 AM
    Set up 2 equations in 2 unknowns: Let A be the distance of Amy from the tower and J be the distance of John from the tower. One equation is the height of the tower: A tan(10) = J tan(6). For the second equation use the law of cosines - you will need the angle that Amy sees between the tower and John, which you can compute from the data you were given.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shower trap and drain line elevation [ 1 Answers ]

I'm planning to build a shower stall, and would like to know how much height I should have available under the floor for the trap and drain line. I'll be using 1 1/2" ABS pipe.

Triginometry angles [ 1 Answers ]

what is the eastiest way to solve this problem. I need to be able to understand and remember it for another day? Solve <B=30 DEGREES, <C=45 DEGREES, b=9 :confused:

Acute angles [ 1 Answers ]

If α, β are acute angles such that Sin = 1/12 and Cos β = 4/5 Calculate the six trigonometric functions for the sum and differences of the two angles….

Angles [ 3 Answers ]

How do I find the angles x and y here? http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/2773/matenurk001vz2.jpg

Weird angles [ 2 Answers ]

I am about to replace all the trim in the house and am noticing that the door frames seem to be uneven. By uneven I mean the gap from the corner to trim is larger on the bottom than at the top. We live in a 1 story house this only occurs at a few doors. Would this be poor construction or is the...

View more questions Search