Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nika567 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2007, 06:14 AM
    Asian Hair: I dyed it a light brown and it turned out redish.
    I still want it too be light brown. But I'm afraid to dye it again. Does anyone know of any good hair dye products to use on asian hair? Should I just dye it back to black?

Thanks.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

May 25, 2007, 07:00 PM
    Black or dark hair contains a lot red in it, and if you apply a single process permanent color on your hair, it will turn red or orange shade. In order to go from black to light brown, you will need to pre-lighten your hair and then apply the desired color. You should consider going to a salon. A hairstylist or colorist may be able to use an ash base color with the right strength volume provide developer to give you the color you want.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Black hair, dyed brown, how can I dye it ash brown? [ 19 Answers ]

Hi I have naturally very dark brown hair, its pretty much black. I have been dying it black for the past two years. Today I bleached it and then dyed it "light ash brown". Obviously it didn't come out "ash" at all it more like a golden brown. My hair is actually still very healthy after...

HELP! Brown hair color turned my hair a dark red! [ 31 Answers ]

So my girlfriend helped me color my hair to hide a few gray hairs coming in. Its usually a light to med brown, thought I might go darker. We used Loreal excellence crème ( Medium Brown). It actuall turned my hair into almost a dark redish brown, looks like I have naturally dark red hair! HELP! ...

Dyed hair brown, natural is sandy blonde, want it back. HELP! [ 3 Answers ]

Hey to anyone interested in helping me, I'm a natural sandy blonde, and I wanted a change so I dyed my hair brown from a box. It turned out very natural and I don't mind the color but I'd like a change. I want to go back to my original color and then dye it lighter, like with very blonde...

I wanted brown hair. IT TURNED BLACK [ 5 Answers ]

I just finished doing my hair And I was so excited to finally Get rid of my light brown/dark blonde and go for a medium brown But when I washed it out It was so dark and mostly black Now I'm having a fit Because I have school tomorrow and it looks awful And I'm so scared it won't lighten ...

Dyed my hair and it has turned purple what do I do [ 2 Answers ]

I have dyed my hair and it has turned purple what do I do

View more questions Search