Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zulu Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2007, 08:50 PM
    PHP Sanity check fail
    Hi...

I'm using exponent cms for my website..

During installation it performs the sanity checking and found 3 folders are not readable/writable...

Even though I've already set these folder/files as 777(readable/writable) in my web server,
    It still show these errors..

I can't find any solution for this problem... :mad: :mad:
    Anybody can help me out..

Thanks in advance
    zulu
    justintest Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2010, 11:58 AM
    Sometimes, web servers forbid 0777 because it is too insecure. Try setting them to 0755 or 0744. Also, you should make sure to change the owner of the files and directories to the web sever's user information. It may depend on your distubtion, but Ubuntu uses www-data. So, to change all of the files and folders to www-data, you could run the following from the command line:

Code:
    chown -R www-data:www-data /PATH/TO/YOUR_DIR
    rpray2007 Posts: 319, Reputation: 23

Aug 27, 2010, 10:32 AM
    Just to add what justintest said, you might want to also
    Code:
    chmod -R
    The -R option is telling the server to recursively go through the sub directories and modify the permissions.

Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fail to start Windows from MS DOS [ 8 Answers ]

This problem concerns an Aptiva machine(serial 90-OH-133). By accident I clicked the MS-DOS icon in "My Computer" and of course it opend in MS-DOS and then would not let me return to Windows 98. No matter what coding I put in front of the DOS promt it failed. I have been at the...

Floppy disk fail [ 3 Answers ]

I'm just putting a computer togather now when I turn on the computer after it's done all it's check it'tells me floppy disk fail how can I fix that?

In need of sanity! [ 1 Answers ]

For those of you that have read my previous questions/answers , you are aware that I am going through a divorce with a very bitter man. OK so today I found out that he has stolen my address book , no ordinary address book in it is every ounce of identity data for myself. Every last account from...

Fail to access the router [ 6 Answers ]

Please, I need an advice :confused: I fail to access the router, I type my default gateway in IE, but it returns in no results. In the house I live, we are connnected to the internet from one person, is it possible to configure router from my computer? I need to open some ports :D

Sanity Solutions [ 1 Answers ]

I am making the transition from a life of business to one of a practicing scholar and my mind is like a ping pong ball. After 30 years of trying to "make it" in business, I decided last February to go back to school and add the "why" to my "how" experience. I have one more semester (4 courses) and...

View more questions Search