Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mowman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2007, 07:10 PM
    1985 41" Snapper riding mower
    Just tuned up the old snapper for the summer.Changed the oil and spark plug,new blades, new battery patched up a rust spot and replaced the starter. This thing has never run better until I ran over a large runner that we put on the deck, my bad. The mower stopped running as soon as it picked up the runner so I didn't even have time to disengage the blades. I checked out the mower afterwords and everything seemed fine. But when I tried to restart the mower, nothing happened. My rope on the mower broke several years ago so I rely solely on the electric starter. I connected my portable power pack and still nothing. I checked the starter switch with my test light and it does work and there is power to the starter. I'm stumped at this point and was looking for some help.
    newaukumdon Posts: 525, Reputation: 44

May 27, 2007, 12:05 AM
    Those briggs starters bind up, try rotating engine from underneath to dislodge the gear.

Don

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

15.5 briggs & Stratton "Craftsman Riding mower [ 7 Answers ]

I have a Craftsman 42" Riding mower that's approx 5-7 years old. It runs great when it runs, but when I try to start it up is when I run into trouble. Ive replaced the battery... brushes in the starter... fuel filter... cleaned all the battery connections including the ground on the frame. It...

Craftsman 30" 13.5 hp riding mower drive belt [ 1 Answers ]

Thank you, Please advise the technique in the removal and replacement of the clutch drive belt on this craftsman riding mower, model number 536270211. (Same as Murray Mower.) Thanks Steve

Snapper riding mower [ 2 Answers ]

I don't have the user manual for my snapper mower. Need to know what the sparkplug gap setting needs to be. Model SR928 10hp 28" cut Thanks, Roy

Snapper riding mower [ 1 Answers ]

I made the usual error, I left gas in my mower over the winter. Then thinking I knew what I was doing I drained the old gas and refilled with fresh gas. BUT, not before I messed with the carb settings on the 8HP tecumseh engine. Now the engine starts but has no power under load. It barely pulls me...

Snapper Mower, riding, B&Stranton 9hp Starts, runs, dies... [ 2 Answers ]

So I was feeling pretty snappy from having got my mom's push mower running. She had put a new spark plug in, I gapped it, and drained fuel, took of round thingy with a float in it and washed a screw with hole (in gas). She is mowing with it now! Great... But her riding mower, snapper, with 9...

View more questions Search