Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chevy666 Posts: 127, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2007, 04:34 PM
    Starting High School Tips
    Hi , I'm 14 n next year I will be going to high school I'm just wondering if there is any tips or anything real important I should know about
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 23, 2007, 04:41 PM
    Just be yourself. That is the most important thing in life.
    Tuckerboy3 Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

May 26, 2007, 04:35 PM
    Yup I agree. Be yourslef because its hard to keep up acting like someone else. People will accept you however you are. Just have fun too. Don't procrastinate homework and your like will be less stressful. You just have to experience it to really understand. After about a month in high school you'll be a pro. Don't worry!
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

May 26, 2007, 04:40 PM
    Just what I was going to say. Be yourself. Stay away from drugs avoid sex concentrate on your school work.
    wiggitywackiraq Posts: 39, Reputation: -2

May 27, 2007, 04:06 AM
    You should be confident going in on the first day. I was the shy nerdy kid that played sports, so no one really messed with me, I just went to class and then to baseball practice. Most people don't have it so lucky though. You should just be aware of where you are and remember that you are not the big 8th grader anymore, you are the bottom of the social totempole. Don't let that get you down. Just be ready for anything, and accept your fate in the seemingly echeloned structure of the high school social ladder. Who knows, in four years you could be running that place.
    On_The_EdGe_ Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2007, 03:26 AM
    Be yourself!
    10cstephens Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Jul 5, 2007, 04:06 PM
    I agree with all of them, just be yourself
    BrennaBear Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Jul 5, 2007, 07:45 PM
    Just be real. It's not all evil Seniors and horrid pranks that everyone makes it out to be.
    Lolitah_xx Posts: 104, Reputation: 5

Jul 10, 2007, 09:12 PM
    Like people are saying "be yourself"! It may sound kind of crazy and stupid and you probably don't want to hear that but it's the truth! Don't change for anyone and don't let anyone change u... in high school its basically the same as middle skool.. just don't let the upperclassman boss you around just because they been there longer... but 9th grade is a fun year, I just finished it and I'm going into the 10th.. good luck
    Skrypt Posts: 156, Reputation: 25

Jul 11, 2007, 02:13 PM
    Hi. I'm 15 years old and I just passed the 9th grade this school year.
    Hmm... Nothing is different Taller people.

Exam weeks are the only new thing, and are quite fun, just attend class and you it's absolutely impossible to fail them. Do an exam that takes like an hour and then u just go home. Other than that nothing new
    10cstephens Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Jul 11, 2007, 02:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Skrypt
    Hi. I'm 15 years old and I just passed the 9th grade this school year.
    Hmm.....Nothing is different Taller people.

Exam weeks are the only new thing, and are quite fun, just attend class and you it's absolutely impossible to fail them. Do an exam that takes like an hour and then u just go home. Other than that nothing new

This is true I am also 15 and just passed the 9th grade
    udontno Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Jul 17, 2007, 07:14 AM
    I am also starting high school. I have been told to set aside a certain time to do homework, to study a little bit each night to make it easier. I have also googled some high school tips and found a few things.
    Online math resources for High school: Algebra, Graphing, Calculus
    Helpful Websites for High School (9-12+) Students
    Bibliography Makers - Create Citations - Citation Generator
    Lost Documents - Avoiding Lost Work - Losing Your Work

Hope they help...
    yoitzlisa Posts: 25, Reputation: 0

Jul 22, 2007, 03:33 PM
    Don't try to become popular or any of that stuff on the first day or week. In fact, don't do that at all. Just be yourself, and people will hopefully like you that way. Don't feel shy around anybody, but if you do, that's natural you'll get over it. Have fun, and stick up for yourself.
    flameruckus Posts: 93, Reputation: 2

Jul 24, 2007, 05:33 PM
    Don't act like you are lost. This is a target for the kids who like to pick on freshmen. This really doesn't happen that much, but just to be on the safe side, just know where you have to go and be. Like, look at your schedule before you go to the next place you have to be. You'll be okay. Other than that, do what everyone else is saying.
    SilverRainMixedwTears Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2007, 06:52 AM
    1st learn what you need to know don't hate on anyone you don't know they might just never forget!! Im a jounior and like everyone said just be yourself!!
    GaleRecon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2009, 05:48 PM
    Im going to be a senior next year. My background? Well, some friends, crush on a popular girl who I look at every single day, (except, she does look at me sometimes, or ignores me) anyway, I was too shy for my first 3 years. Not to long ago we had big HomeComing party at school, I went there and left because I was not very social.

My tips? Act like you always do. Talk to people, try to start a conversation about homework or something (even if you get it, ask a girl to explain you a math problem or something. This ussually makes them feel smarter lol) Don't be so lonesome at lunch! Meet new people. etc.

Another tip?Just a quick tip, if you like a girl at school A LOT! (not just a small crush... ) then tell someone, and try to give her your message without words.

Well GL in high school xD

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Scared for high school [ 16 Answers ]

I'm going to be a freshman next year and me and my friends are scared ****less does anyone have any advice on high school like what to do and what not to do for us. And are the freshman anything like do all the upper classmen just ignore us or do they hate us or something Please help me out ...

Night school for high school-aged people [ 15 Answers ]

I heard about there being night school for high school kids. In fact, I think a friend of a friend went to night school when I was in jr. high. I've searched Google, and can't find any listings or info for night schools in PA. Does anyone know if they exist for high schoolers, and where I could...

Starting Middle School Tips [ 14 Answers ]

Hi, I am starting middle school in September and I am looking for tips. I am so excited to go, but, I am curious. I read a book of tips for middle school, but I still have more questions. So if you have some useful tips, please tell me. Her are some of my questions: What do I do when I finish my...

What is a high school [ 8 Answers ]

What is a high school

High School On Line [ 1 Answers ]

My cousin is looking for an inexpensive high school on line to get his diploma. Can anyone offer suggestions?

View more questions Search