Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    standbykid Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2007, 02:21 PM
    Toilet water level
    Hi all,
    Does a toilet bowl water level fluctuate. In other words, my bowl looks to be fuller sometimes than others. I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but when I flush, it sounds like the toilet is going to get sucked through the drain pipe. Everything appears to be operating properly. Any help would be appreciated.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 23, 2007, 03:30 PM
    Is there any "gurgling" when you flush or drain the tub.

May 23, 2007, 07:05 PM
    Speedball,
    Nope. No gurgling. Thanks for the help.
    bikerguy Posts: 87, Reputation: 13

May 23, 2007, 07:11 PM
    Look in the tank, and see if the level in there remains the same after several flushes. There are many more experts hang in there (bump)
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

May 23, 2007, 08:39 PM
    Yes in the new 1.6 gallons per flush toilets the water level in the bowl can fluctuate. It depends on several things, on being the amount of waste in the bowl when you flush it, if there is a lot of waste it takes longer for it to begin moving and the float in the tank could be ready to fall and stop the flush, then if your commode does not have a refill tube, (a lot of the new commodes don't have one) then the level is going to be lower than if you had just flushed liquid.
    If you do not see a small 1/4 inch plastic going over to the overflow pipe in the tank of your commode then you do not have a refill tube. If you wanted to you could replace the ballcock with one that has a refill tube but that would be defeating the purpose of a water saver commode.

If this answer helps rate it bellow
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 24, 2007, 07:03 AM
    "If you wanted to you could replace the ballcock with one that has a refill tube but that would be defeating the purpose of a water saver commode."

But it would give you a much stronger flush.

May 24, 2007, 02:48 PM
    I have a refill tube in mine.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 24, 2007, 04:04 PM
    If your toilet fluctuates from normal to low I'd say you have a vent stack that is getting blocked. If the toilet over fills it could be a ballcock seal problem. Does it over fill really fast or over many minutes?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet Water Level [ 5 Answers ]

How do I lower the water level in a toilet? I just bought a condo and the water level is much too high, it has to be lowered. How would I do it without calling a plumber? Can anyone help??

Water leakage + toilet bowl water level [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a new house (1.5years old) and I recently noticed water leakage from the ceiling just below the master bathroom on the 2nd floor. I called the home builders (I have warranty on this house) and they said they could not find any leaks and that it happened because of improper usage. I am...

Water level in toilet bowl [ 1 Answers ]

Water level in toilet bowl is very low. When toilet is flushed, the water rises almost to the brim before going down again. Would adding water to the toilet bowl before flushing help or harm the situation?

Toilet water level [ 3 Answers ]

Toilet water level to low in bowl how do I fixe it :confused:

Water level in the toilet drain [ 2 Answers ]

Allardo New Member Join Date: Mar 2007 Posts: 2 Water level in the toilet drain -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- When you look into the toilet drain when the toilet is off, should there be any water inside? If so, what level?...

View more questions Search