Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SydneyVT Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2007, 09:53 AM
    Boss angry, employee sent home
    If your boss is annoyed because you left work to take your child to school and your wife could not because other child had severe ear infection; and you were punished by being sent home although you have much work to do. The boss referred to it as punishment for standing up for myself and did not believe the "child at home sick" reason. No this is not a usual happenstance. Is this action legal?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 23, 2007, 11:49 AM
    We don't have all the details to give a perfectly suited answer but yes, it is his perrogative to send you home. In many industries he could terminated you if you are an at will employee. You could have taken a sick day or portion of one in most places of employment. Hope you're not a heart surgeon.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

May 23, 2007, 02:01 PM
    Please do what my husband does. If you need to take of for health reson (you child) take a personal or vacation day. Your boss does not care what reason you left, you left, work was not done, you probably was angry at the situation and maybe was a little defensive. To him when you are not there he is losing money. Try not to take it personaly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Boss firing employees after boss resigns [ 1 Answers ]

Is it legal in California for a CEO to fire employees AFTER the CEO has resigned? My understanding is that the CEO can no longer hire, fire or negotiate contracts after they have tendered their resignation.

Who's the Boss? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm the Boss The boss was complaining in our staff meeting the other day that he wasn't getting any respect. The next day, he brought a small sign that read: "I'm the Boss!" He then taped it to his office door. Later that day when he returned from lunch, he found that someone had...

Why am I so angry with him [ 9 Answers ]

Hi all I have had this huge problem that I can't seem to let go of. Let me first tell you the basis of it all. I had been in a serious long term relationship with a man for nearly 4 years, I was living with him at the time and we were due to get married. But unfortunately the relationship ended...

Angry [ 2 Answers ]

Dear who ever I will not tell you my name. For some reason I am always feeling :mad: with someone but I don't know who.

Trying to please the boss [ 2 Answers ]

Help please - I love to cook- all sorts of foods and my boss knows this and know he has asked me to make something from his past and I can't find a rec. for it anywhere - The name of it is Sarmoli Momaliga (its a romaninan dish ) Im sure I spelled it totally wrong but you get the idea ....

View more questions Search