Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    STEPHKC Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2007, 09:46 AM
    Medical bills
    Can A Collection Agency Sue Me For Medical Bills If It Is Already On My Credit Report?
    slowandeasy Posts: 353, Reputation: 14

May 23, 2007, 03:38 PM
    Sure they can ,if you owe it they will try to collect it. Depending on the date of the bill the sol could apply What was the date of services?
    gazelleintense Posts: 175, Reputation: 13

May 23, 2007, 04:52 PM
    If you owe the $ and your not paying, id say sure.
    FYNALEFREE Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2007, 10:51 AM
    If you settle with your medical creditors you can get them to take 50 percent of what you owe them and the you won't have to worry about law suits.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

May 26, 2007, 11:12 AM
    They can garnish your wages, only after they take you to court first. The courts will send you a letter first. You will be given a cjhance to respond to the debt... You must go to your court house and file papers if you dispute the bill or the amount. Then they will set up a court date. A judge or a refree will hear your case and your creditors case they will then decide if you owe the money. They will usually ask you to settle it between yourself if not then the company can ask that your wages be garanished... that means take a certain amount from your check each week including court cost, until the debt is paid. If they take you to court and you do not show up the courts usually make the judgement against you... If your creditors does not show then usually they will drop it but your creditor has aI believe 90 days to ask for a new court date. Hope this helps

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Medical bills trouble [ 18 Answers ]

I have 32,000 in medical bills and now way to pay them off I can barely afford to feed my kids let alone these medical bills I have the title to one car and nothing else I just received a summons to appear in court on the 26 of January I already have one garnishment they are taking out of my...

Lien home for medical bills [ 2 Answers ]

My mother is retired and has to work part time just to make ends meet. She got sick before she started drawing her social security and had to have an emergency surgery, which she did not have insurance coverage. She applied for assistance and they paid the hospital bill for her and she was under...

Unpaid Medical Bills-Case Settled-Signed Lien on file [ 6 Answers ]

What do I do if a case was settled and money was released, but there's still unpaid medical bills w/ signed lien on file?

Medical Bills and 401k [ 1 Answers ]

My mother is getting ready to retire and she has some unpaid medical bills that she actually thought were paid until recently. She has a 401k which is not very much through her employer. Will they take her 401k?

Medical bills across marriage boundries [ 6 Answers ]

Hello: I have been stewing over this question for about a year now, I have ask about everyone out here in the real world, and have gotten all sorts of answers. On this forum, there seem to be some knowleglable people who have been through stuff like this before, so let me throw the question out...

View more questions Search