Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    odb Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2007, 08:59 AM
    John deere mower
    Hi.my riding mower won't stay running.it will run fine for about five minutes then die,won't restart until it cools down after 30 minutes or so.I changed the coil,spark plug and have fresh gas in it.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 23, 2007, 12:09 PM
    Your problem is frequently the coil but you changed that. Does the engine appear to be over heating, way hotter than normal and maybe smelling like burnt oil?
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2007, 06:41 PM
    Check you fuel and air filters. Also, check Fuel cap. Is the vent on cap open? Run it with the cap off for a short period and see if that makes a difference
    odb Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2007, 06:17 PM
    Just to let everyone know,I found the problem.it was the spark module.it looks like a transtistor.its on the side of the engine and is silver.56 bucks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

John deere lawn mower [ 4 Answers ]

This about my john deere lawn mower I have had it only 2 yrs now it won't start any advice

John Deere Sabre riding mower [ 2 Answers ]

I need to get the back wheel off my JD Sabre mower. It looks like there is a shear pin that is holding it on after I get the big snap ring off. How do I get the pin out?

John Deere L 110 Riding Mower [ 1 Answers ]

I have an L 110 riding mower from John Deere and I have to charge the battery. I just bought a charger and will charge it for first time. My question is I have to know if the 12 volt battery in my mower is a wet battery, gel battery, or agm battery. Can you tell me which battery it is? Thanks!

John Deere L110 Riding Mower [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have a John Deere L110 that I purchased used about 2 months ago. I have a snow blade attachment with it and was using it. I do not have the chains and weights for this yet. My problem is I was pushing the snow and my wheels kept spinning. So I got off the mower and pulled the mower...

View more questions Search