Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    timmanpl61 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2007, 07:19 PM
    Old Coins
    I went to a garage sale today and purchased 4 coins, three of them are US three cent pieces with dates of- " 1865, 1867, 1870,". They are in an old cardboard & cellophane
    holder. The other coin that I purchased is an old replica 1776 coin from colonial america,
    the package that it is in seems to be fairly old. That one is probably worthless, except for the history of our country and that makes it priceless to me. Could you tell me the approximate value of the three cent pieces though.

Tim
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 23, 2007, 04:31 AM
    Tim, you would have to get them appraised by a coin collector.
    colbtech Posts: 748, Reputation: 66

May 23, 2007, 04:45 AM
    Here's a link to coins: 2, 3 & 20 Cents, Coins: US at Coin Collector House
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

May 23, 2007, 07:45 AM
    If you believe this site, about $15 to $30 each but as a coin collector the coin's actual value depends on the wear. Even a few light scratches and light wear can make a coin worth far less than the list price.

Plus you have to also look at what others are willing to buy it for. There are a few on Ebay that are listed at $1.00 and are not selling.

Three Cent Nickels
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 28, 2007, 10:07 AM
    3+3+3=9, Will give you Brand new Dime for those old things. Stores don't even have a spot in their register. Seriously, I would hold on to them, maybe give as gift to a young
    numismatist, They need your help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Coins [ 3 Answers ]

I wanted to see if anyone could tell me how much, a 1999 Pennsylvania quarter with a S mint is worth, also I would like to no how much a dime that was made in 1912 is worth? I have a tape , a hunting tape, that has dale earnhardt on it, he gets a big deer could someone tell me what it may be...

What is the price of old coins [ 1 Answers ]

How much is a 1912 penny with the wheat on the back worth?

Flipping Coins, Seeking Heads [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I know if I flip a coin the chances are 50/50 that I will get either heads or tails. Let's say I get tails. What are the chances that I will get heads the second toss? I understand at one level it's 50/50 each toss... but still I feel there should be at least a slightly greater...

Coins collection [ 1 Answers ]

Hi pals Can anyone tell me any website which stores the info of the old coins? And their present market cost?

Coins [ 1 Answers ]

I found a chinese coin in which it says ten dollars. It looks like it's made of nickel and it has a copper center. It also says hong kong on the bottom. 1994 is the year and chinese letters on the top. How much is it worth and can I exchange it at the foreign currency place.

View more questions Search