Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hagemani Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2005, 05:15 PM
    Sewer trap cover
    Hello all,

We have a terra cotta pipe in our front yard leading down to the sewer lateral line (is this called the "sewer trap"?). This pipe has, until recently, had a round terra cotta cover on it... eight inches in diameter and 3/4" thick in this case.

Clay being what it is, this cover has been falling apart and at this point must be replaced as each of the pieces is small enough to fall into the line.

For aesthetic reasons I would like to replace the cover with terra cotta. However, my usual online sleuthing methods have been fruitless. So I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a supplier that can sell me a terra cotta drain cover. Thanks in advance!

Ian
    Flickit Posts: 278, Reputation: 2

May 4, 2005, 05:04 AM
    Try this...
    Quote Originally Posted by hagemani
    Hello all,

We have a terra cotta pipe in our front yard leading down to the sewer lateral line (is this called the "sewer trap"?). This pipe has, until recently, had a round terra cotta cover on it... eight inches in diameter and 3/4" thick in this case.

Clay being what it is, this cover has been falling apart and at this point must be replaced as each of the pieces is small enough to fall into the line.

For aesthetic reasons I would like to replace the cover with terra cotta. However, my usual online sleuthing methods have been fruitless. So I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a supplier that can sell me a terra cotta drain cover. Thanks in advance!

Ian
    ... Web site: http://www.sandkuhl.com/index.html. They yet make the tile and may have the cover or know where you can get it.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 4, 2005, 05:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hagemani
    Hello all,

Ian
    Good morning Ian,

Flickit always comes up with the neatest links. Here's another. http://www.superiorclay.com/pipefit.html
    By the way, That isn't called a "sewer trap". What you have in your front yard is a cleanout. Regards, Tom
    hagemani Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2005, 08:27 PM
    Thanks!
    Thank you, gentlemen!

Sandkuhl put me in touch with a local retailer who carries the appropriate end plugs, which turns out to be what this is called. I never would have found this place on my own.

Regards,
    Ian

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will Insurance Cover In My State? [ 1 Answers ]

I am contemplating taking a job in VA. However, I live in WV. Will the new company's plan (Blue Cross) be accepted at the physicians we use here in WV? Thanks for any input.

P-trap to outside sewer line [ 3 Answers ]

We are installing an above ground swimming pool and have been told by the city that we must install a permanent drain line / p-trap to the sewer lines. My husband called a plumber and thought he understood what he needed to do. Now the plumber has come to the house and said it is done all wrong...

Skin cover up! [ 1 Answers ]

Im a guy and I need a way to cover up old blemish problems! Is there any way for a guy to do that? Any special things people use out there?!

Do washer drain pipes need a sewer trap? [ 1 Answers ]

My hubby has moved our washer and dryer and it works - mostly. We have some soapy foam coming out of the top of the drain pipe. He raised the pipe and we have less, but still some soapy foam. I wish I had checked your forum earlier as I've learned that washers drain with a lot of pressure. ...

View more questions Search