Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    edirect3 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2007, 07:11 AM
    Which sentence is correct?
    Which is the correct sentence?

We wash our hair to keep our head clean OR we wash our hair to keep our heads clean?

We bath to keep our body clean or keep our bodies clean?

:o
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 22, 2007, 07:15 AM
    Let's see, since "we" is plural what do you think it would be?

Also, the correct spelling is bathe, not bath.

So, tell me what you have come up with and I will let you know if it is correct or not.
    edirect3 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2007, 07:28 AM
    I know that 'bathe' is the correct spelling though I wrote it the way it was given to me. I naturally assume that since 'we' is plural the anwers would be... heads and... bodies... but I just had to be sure as English is not my first language.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 22, 2007, 07:29 AM
    I would have to say you are correct.;)
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

May 22, 2007, 08:41 AM
    It could be the royal we ;)
    GGertie Posts: 36, Reputation: 5

Nov 6, 2010, 12:09 PM
    Think singular/singular (one) and plural/plural (more than one.) They should be the same.

It is correct to say, "We wash our hair to keep our heads clean?" or you could say, "I wash my hair to keep my head clean."

And, "We bathe to keep our bodies clean?" Or, "I bathe to keep my body clean."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Imperative sentence? [ 1 Answers ]

Just curious, could the following two sentences be considered imperative sentences. I believe so, but just double checking for my son's homework. 1. Josh go to your room. 2. You better go to your room. Thanks.

What would be my sentence [ 2 Answers ]

I am 39 year old, leaving in canada on visa. Caught for shoplifting charged with Theft under $5000. On the day of my first appearance in court I am going to plead guilty... My visa will exp in 3 months. This is my first offence and I am very regret for the same. Want to know what type of sentence...

How to best word this sentence? [ 13 Answers ]

... working on an FAQ item, so I want to keep it worded as a question... The question is "can I send and receive email?", but I want to include "to and from other members" since guests cannot use the feature. Is it rightly worded as "Can I send and receive email to/from other members?" ...

Topic Sentence [ 1 Answers ]

I need a topic sentence for the following subject: Tips for Job Hunting in Today's Market

View more questions Search