Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChinaMark Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2005, 12:48 AM
    Switching to Adult Dog Food
    Hi Labman,

You've talked previously about switching from puppy to adult dog food early on to prevent HD in dogs. My rough collie is now about 4 months old. Should I swtich to adult dog food now or wait for another couple of months?

Thanks in advance.
    Mark
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

May 3, 2005, 07:34 AM
    I would switch over as soon as your current bag of puppy chow gets low. Keep mixing a little more adult chow in over a week until the puppy chow is all gone, and you are feeding all adult chow. I some times just dump the old food on top of the new and each feeding is richer in the new.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Switching from LLC to S-Corp [ 1 Answers ]

We've been an LLC for just a couple of months and have decided to become an S-Corp. We're in NY. We've got start-up costs invested and don't want to take a loss on our personal return when we dissolve the LLC - we'd rather get this money back. Can we transfer the assets and liabilities to the new...

BCP: Switching from OrthoTricyclene Lo to Seasonale [ 3 Answers ]

Hi: I started taking Orthotricyclene Lo just last month and have finished my pack just last week. My period came and gone the last week I was on the placebo pills on Ortho. Finished the Ortho pills on a Saturday, and started a new pack of SEASONALE the day after (Sunday start). I'm 5 days...

Blown bulbs when switching on [ 3 Answers ]

Hi: Having an odd problem w/ light bulbs blowing across 3 circuits with no dimming or brightening. When switch is flipped on, bulbs immediately fail, one actually made a small "pop" sound--6 in all in one week. Also had reverb on computer speakers. Basic Info: 80 year old house; all new...

6 month old lab eating adult food? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi there, I recently got a black lab from a breeder. He is 6 months old and was being fed iams lamb and rice adult dog food (1.5 cups a day). My question is this the correct food for my dog. The vet said to switch him to a large breed puppy food. I am confused as to who's advice I should take. Any...

Switching Filetypes [ 2 Answers ]

OK, I understand how switching the extensions works, but does anyone know how to switch say, Forgotten Face.mid to Forgotten Face.mp3 without making my PC think that it's not an audio file? Or even better, a way to get RealPlayer to recognise MIDI as an audio type. Thanks ~Me.

View more questions Search