Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    andyvu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2005, 12:57 PM
    Shower drain causing Toilet overflow
    I am in the process of replacing the commode in my bathroom, the old commode is removed and that leaves the toilet hole exposed, for the time being. During this time, water in the shower is turned on. The shower is about 4 feet away from the toilet. About 15 minutes later, water starts seeping out of the exposed toilet hole. Is this causing by blockage in the pipe? Or it should be okay once the new commode is installed and toilet is sealed - Thanks
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 2, 2005, 03:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by andyvu
    I am in the process of replacing the commode in my bathroom, the old commode is removed and that leaves the toilet hole exposed, for the time being. During this time, water in the shower is turned on. The shower is about 4 feet away from the toilet. About 15 minutes later, water starts seeping out of the exposed toilet hole. Is this causing by blockage in the pipe? Or it should be okay once the new commode is installed and toilet is sealed - Thanks
    Hey Andy,

You have a partial blockage in the drain line. Rent a sewer machine and snake through the open closet bend. Don't count on the clog to disappear once you reset the toilet cause it ain't going to happen. Put out a goodly amount of snake . It sounds like the clog is quite a ways down the line. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet and Shower Drain [ 6 Answers ]

Ok I recently purchased a condo and have begun remodeling the bathroom which is on the second floor. I am not very experienced with any of this and was hoping someone could tell me if what I have done so far sounds good. First Question: For the new bathroom I needed to move the toilet over 1'....

Draining shower causing bubbling toilet [ 1 Answers ]

My basement shower/bathtub, when draining, is resulting in bubbing in the toilet next to it! Would the obvious answer be due to hair clogging the shower drain or would it be further down the line leaving the house? What are a few home rememdies I could do before getting a snake or plumber?

Shower & toilet drain/vent [ 2 Answers ]

I'm finishing the basement and have to add a bath tub as well as a toilet. My plan is to have a horizontal 3" tee, one side going to the toilet (about 16"), the second side to a 1 1/2" reducer which leads to the tub (about 24") and the third side ties directly into the main (vertical) 3" stack. Is...

Toilet and Shower Drain Issue [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I moved into a brand new house 6 weeks ago. Over the last two weeks I have been having intermittent problems with the shower drain and the toilet next to it. The toilet will sometimes fill up with water whilst flushing and take quite a whil to go down to normal level. Also sometimes...

New shower - backed up drain causing leak [ 1 Answers ]

Two months ago, we installed a new stone tile shower -the contractor installed a lead shower pan along with cement bed. Tiles were installed using thin set + Laticrete Superflexible Adhesive; tiles/grout were sealed with 511 impregnator. The shower drain recently backed up creating a 1-inch pool...

View more questions Search