Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ROXIE G Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2007, 08:24 AM
    How can the father on my baby see him if my mom won't let him
    My mom dose not like my boyfriend and I'm having a kid with him can she keep him fron seeing me and our baby? :( :( :(
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 21, 2007, 08:35 AM
    How old are you both?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 21, 2007, 09:54 AM
    Well of course to have a baby you should be old enough where mom can't make you do anything, But in most cases of adults, if anyone won't let the father see the baby, the father gets a court order and makes them.

If you are both 14 or 15, yes it is possible she can, plus depending on your age, she may turn the boy over to the police, for having sex with you.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

May 21, 2007, 09:59 AM
    How old are you? You sound young. Confirm your age so we can give you better advice.
    LuffanPhillip Posts: 5, Reputation: 0

Jun 25, 2007, 11:47 AM
    I donno I guess age depends
    LadyB Posts: 320, Reputation: 42

Jun 25, 2007, 11:59 AM
    Yep, depends on your age, however the father's rights may supersede your mother's rights as your parent and he can get court ordered visitation. Even if he is also a minor his parents may help him with a custody/visitation suit.

It's really in everyone's best interests to discuss this with all interested parties and try to come to a fair agreement. At some point you annd he will be adults and her wishes will no longer matter.
    Hydraulic001 Posts: 7, Reputation: 0

Jul 27, 2007, 09:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ROXIE G
    my mom dose not like my bf and im having a kid with him can she keep him fron seeing me and our baby??:( :( :(
    Depends on how old you both are, if your both under 18 then yes, your mum has every legal right to prevent your b/f from seeing your baby un-supervised, if you are both under supervision from a child support/social worker then your b/fs family can legaly request visitation rights (this is a very complicated court/legal system which can only be done through a court, its very lengthy and complicated and can become quite expensive if legal aid is'nt available)
    If your both over 18 then your mum has no legal rights to prevent your b/f from seeing your baby, if your both still at home she could however make it difficult by applying for a restriction/restraining order to prevent your b/f from coming to the house, but again it's a lengthy drawn out court procedure and there has to be extremely good grounds to issue the order. At best it could just cause friction with you and your mum if your b/f continues to visit, if you have your own place then your mum has no legal grounds at all to be preventing your b/f from seeing your child and at the absolute extreme could result in your mum being cautioned for harassment (if you actually wanted to file a charge for it against your own mum that is)
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Jul 27, 2007, 10:34 AM
    Obviously, we need a bit more information. These legal matters depend on the age of parents (you and boyfriend) along with your area. Different countries/states have different laws.

Please don't tell exactly where you live, but... US? UK?? Age?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Baby with american father [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I'm in the US on a one year visa. If I have a baby with an american father which is born in the US, can I take it back to my home country when my visa expires? Do I need his permission? I doubt I'll be able to stay in the US and I'm concerned that I may be forced to leave and not be able to...

Baby strange illness. Whole body of baby get harden [ 9 Answers ]

My brother's baby boy 4 months old got a strange illness. He had blood tested, brain scanning, lung checking etc. Everything is normal. But the baby boy got an unpreditable "body harden" illness. That is when it happens, the whole body of the baby get stiff and he can not move, can not cry... We...

Lose of 1 baby boy & 2 baby girls [ 4 Answers ]

I have meet a lady on myspace and she has lost 3 kids a little boy and a set of twin girls the boy was about 2 years ago he only lived a couple of hours and the twins one lived 3 days and the other only an hour. What can I do to help her through this time? I just feel so sorry for her. Two years...

Mom coming to stay, new baby. [ 6 Answers ]

My mother who lives far away is coming to stay for over 6 weeks- over the time my first baby is going to be born. Although her and I are really close, I feel more anxious as time draws closer to her arrival. I am worried about a few things- one that really she isn't interested in anything besides...

View more questions Search