Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

May 21, 2007, 06:41 AM
    National Geographic
    I have recently come across 519 issues dating from the current back to 1952 national geographic magazines. I am looking to sell them on eBay and currently there is only one issue missing. I am wondering how much to start bidding at. I have looked on eBay and for something similar but not in as good of condition or as complete and starting in 1967 the asking bid was almost $130.00. I'm just looking for a little input into the selling on eBay. I have purchased from eBay but not sold yet. TIA
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 22, 2007, 09:35 PM
    I have not had experience selling things on Ebay. However, if it were me trying to sell them, I would take some of them to a bookstore that sells both modern and antique used books and see what they might offer you for them. That might give you an idea of a possible price to start on a bid.

Also, the following site had some interesting posts concerning the National Geographic Magazine. It may be worth your while to check it out. Might get some ideas from it.

Magazine Collector Club - National Geographic (U.S.A.)

Another thing to consider, is you don't necessarily have to sell them all at once. There may be people out there who are just wanting to complete their collection. Splitting your collection up, might bring in more money in the end.

Here are some other links that I found that might be of help to you concerning pricing.

National Geographic Magazine collection

Collection of National Geographic Magazine 1983-1990

Past Issues of National Geographic Magazine!

National Geographic Magazine Collection (Scarborough)

National Geographic Magazine 1976-2007

Collecting National Geographic - A Writer's Life

Also, trying to sell them on the many free to advertise on websites that get excellent exposure on the Internet might be another route that you could try.

Free Classifieds - USFreeads

BuySellCommunity Classifieds - Buy & Sell Locally : Free Online Classifieds

DomesticSale - The Effective Free Classifieds

craigslist: san francisco bay area classifieds for jobs, apartments, personals, for sale, services, community, and events

Free Classifieds - FinditClassifieds.com

Free Classifieds, Free Ads, Free advertisement, Business Opportunity

Yahoo! Classifieds: Post Free Classified ads - Search Classifieds ads for Jobs, Apartments, Housing, Concert Tickets, Cars, Personals, For Sale, and Pets on Yahoo! Classifieds
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

May 22, 2007, 09:48 PM
    Thank you so much. I haven't really had the time to go searching. I have a lot on my plate and it isn't a big priority at the moment. Thank you. You just saved me a bunch of time.
    inetgiant Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2009, 03:01 PM
    You can try as well our free classifieds website, we have Magazines category.

http://www.inetgiant.com
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2009, 02:06 AM

Original question dates from May 21, 2007 and has been sufficiently answered.

Thread is now CLOSED.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

National Purpose [ 2 Answers ]

What is the National Purpose of the Republic of Serbia?

National ID [ 32 Answers ]

Has anyone heard of the National ID and "the mark of the beast"? What are your thoughts? WorldNetDaily: Is coming national ID 'mark of the beast'?

National Purpose of Bolivia [ 2 Answers ]

What is the National Purpose of Bolivia?

National Purpose [ 1 Answers ]

What is the national purpose of the country Paraguay

Geographic location of Darke, Ohio [ 1 Answers ]

I've been looking for a town in Ohio named Darke. It existed about 1830-1890, but I have been unable to locate it on any new or old maps. Can you tell me where Darke, Ohio is or was? This is not Darke County, Ohio but Darke, Ohio.

View more questions Search