Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    heinsite33 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2007, 06:07 AM
    Toilets don't flush at the same time
    I live in a new house only 1 1/2 years old no basement and one story 2000 sqare feet. We have two toilets. On occasion one toilet gets stuffed and does not flush properly occasionally both tolitets at the same time do the same. Ive snaked it many times and get it work for a while, but ihappens again. Twicw I called Rotor Rooter and he does the same thing I can do. Perhaps I need a longer snake. I use a 3 foot snake. But why do both tolets clog at the same time and why does a snake fix it for a while.

Do I need a plumber to open both tolets? What will that accomplish

Thanks Heinsite 33:confused: :confused:
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 21, 2007, 08:14 AM
    You could use a plumber but what you need is a much longer snake or rodder. Eventually both toilet drains come together. When you blockage is after that connection both toilets will back up, probably everything else in the house too if you test it. You said no basement but do you have a crawl or are you on a slab? There should be a clean out somewhere just prior to your drain exiting the house. Do you know what to look for?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Older toilets -- weak swirl, weak flush [ 24 Answers ]

Hope someone can help. Our toilets are original to the house, 20-plus years old. When flushed, the swirl isn't strong enough to completely flush the bowl. The bowl does NOT overflow, but it has to be flushed multiple times. We have very hard water where we live, despite having a regularly...

Don't get paid for over time [ 5 Answers ]

Hey well I just started this new job in a restaurant and I worked 12 hr. on my first day and only got a 10 min. break, they don't pay over time, and when they pay you they give you half cash and half in a check I guess its so nobody would know that they're not paying us over time. We do everything...

Toilets [ 1 Answers ]

I have a low level toilet with a push button to flush it. It has stopped working and upon opening it the configuration is baffling. I need the loo. Any ideas urgently please.

Toilets [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know what happens if you flush a sock down the toilet

Toilets fill with water but will not flush [ 1 Answers ]

I have two toilets which are back to back on either side of a wall. I am experiencing occasional problems with both toilets flushing. I have a convntional septic system and the tank was cleaned out about two years ago before I purchaced the home. I called the company who cleaned it and asked if...

View more questions Search