Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    igottogonow Posts: 128, Reputation: 2

May 21, 2007, 05:51 AM
    Laminate flooring
    I purchased my laminate flooring today and was puzzled by what I was told. The location I purchased it from said that since the flooring I purchased came with the foam backing already attached to the planks then I did not need to purchase the roll underlayment, the form on the back was all I needed. They did show me flooring w/o the form and said I would need the roll for this type of flooring. Is this a true statement?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 21, 2007, 08:19 AM
    Yep, you need a foam backing but if each slab already has it you should be good to go? What brand flooring did you purchase. Definitely do not use both foams and be sure to follow the installation instructions to the letter.
    mike jones 1269 Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

May 8, 2008, 07:48 PM
    If the foam is already on the back you do not need a roll foam but if you are going over concrete slab you do need a moisture barrier
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 9, 2008, 01:17 PM
    Hey Mike this is correct but did you notice this was May 2007?
    mike jones 1269 Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

May 9, 2008, 05:35 PM
    No I didn't thanks for pointing that out but if someone does a search for a related question then there is the answer. Iknow I checked older questions and answers to try to help with what I'm looking for that way you don't ask a question that has already been answered

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laminate flooring [ 3 Answers ]

I have laminate wood flooring in my kitchen. One of my children spilled something on the floor and neglected to clean it up. When I noticed it, it had already buckled. Is there any home fix-it I can try to correct this. I cannot afford to have it repaired and would appreciate any help.

Laminate flooring [ 6 Answers ]

Will laminate flooring increase or decrease the value of a home? My wife wants me to install it in our home, but it looks so cheap. I want tile. Any thoughts?

Laminate Flooring [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I bought some laminate flooring and after about 5-6 months it seems like one area of the floor has air underneath it. We left a .25 inch space around the whole livingroom but we still have a huge problem. What can we do to fix this. It seems like one section of the flooring looks...

Laminate flooring [ 1 Answers ]

I am just about to lay laminate flooring in my conservatory, unfortunately the conservatory is a hexagonal shape, I was wondering how I would get straight joins on the laminate when I get to my change of angle within the conservatory, would I need to mitre the joints or measure the angle of the...

Laminate flooring [ 5 Answers ]

I am considering installing laminate flooring in my house. My doubt is that we have two dogs and a cat. One of which has accidents. Is laminate flooring better in the long run than carpet, as far as the care and life?

View more questions Search