Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    starlite Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2007, 03:45 AM
    Codalax is it good for old people?
    My old grandmother is very ill and bed-ridden since last month. She is 84 years old. Lately she has been having constipation problems and my mother wants to buy something called Codalax for this problem. Her friend has told her about this medicine. It is not available in any pharmacies in our locality hence she's ordered it from an online pharmacy Buy CODALAX Online Now. But I am worried since we have never bought anything from this pharmacy before. Anyone knows this pharmacy. Is it legit? Also anyone used this product? Is it good for old people?
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

May 21, 2007, 04:50 AM
    Before you start any medication - over the counter or otherwise - check with your grandmother's doctor.
    To help with this - you could also change her diet around. Drinking more water, adding foods that help with constipation.
    Good Luck.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 21, 2007, 06:02 AM
    I am going to have to strongly agree with NW on this.

You should never give any new medication to the elderly (which your grandmother is) without notifying her physician. You see, our elderly population can be very sensitive to medications, and you are adding a new one that she is not used to, without doctor's supervision. She is most likely on several meds as it is, and you do not know whether this will cause any potentially dangerous interactions with the meds she is already taking.

If she is suffering from constipation it is imperative that she see her doctor to find the cause and rule out any underlying condition.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What people really look like :) [ 17 Answers ]

This is maybe a silly thread to start, but... what do all of you look like in real life? I don't mean you need to share a photo haha, but I've noticed that with many of the posters here (except those who have already use their photo as their avatar), I have a preconceived notion in my head of what...

For people [ 3 Answers ]

Hello people! I'm a student, I like sport very much. I play football, volleybal, ping-pong and basketball not bad. Also I like to cycle very much. I have a bad bicycle and I want to buy a new bike, but I haven't enough money because mountain bike(on this type of bicycle you can not only ride, but...

People [ 4 Answers ]

About a year ago I had sex with this guy who is now one of my closest friends, and now my best friends is telling me that people still confronting her and telling her that I'm a whore for doing it. They also say that it's the reason I haven't made it into some the higher ranked clubs in my school,...

View more questions Search