Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wickerwiz Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2007, 05:19 PM
    Maintaining well pressure
    I am a recent owner of a well water system. I have learned to turn the pumptrol lever to off and then move until it makes contact and hold. The pump comes on and I continue to hold until I am past 20 on the gauge. I then release and it goes to automatic. The pressure continues to rise to about 40 and holds until I use water. The water pressure is fine at first but then goes to zero and the pump does not turn back on. Am I doing something wrong or is the pumptrol faulty? Thanks for help
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 21, 2007, 07:11 AM
    Sounds like you have a faulty pump control if you have to hold the contacts manually to start the pump. Change the control out. Good luck, Tom

May 21, 2007, 08:47 PM
    We replaced the pressure switch with the same type. It has a start position which you hold until pressure builds past the 12 psi kick-off. The pressure regulator is a 30/50. Now the switch seems to be working better than the original one, but we still lose all of the pressure after the faucet runs for a few minutes. After the pressure goes to zero we turn the faucet off. Then we flip the switch to start, move it to auto when it hits 20psi. The pressure builds to 42psi and then does not go any higher. It holds this pressure until we turn on a faucet. I sat and watched the pressure gauge for one of these cycles. After we turned on the faucet the pressure slowly dropped to 30 psi. The regulator engaged. Pressure increased to 32 psi and I heard water girgle in the tank. Then the pressure drops to zero pretty rapidly. We also replaced the breaker box at the well tonight because it was quite rusty and we wanted to eliminate the poor connection. Thinking it may be a source of power drain.
    Any advice on a next step will be greatly appreciated.
    Eternal Plumber

May 23, 2007, 09:35 AM
    "We replaced the pressure switch with the same type." Did you replace with a Square D Pumptrol, (see image)?

May 24, 2007, 02:32 PM
    Yes, we replaced with Square D Pumptrol.
    Eternal Plumber

May 24, 2007, 03:31 PM
    Does the pump kick on every time you make a draw?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maintaining accounting records [ 1 Answers ]

Whose job is it to maintain accounting records? Is it better if someone independent of the organization does it or is it better if an employee of that organization does it?

My boyfriend is having problems maintaining an erection [ 9 Answers ]

Hi there, Please help. My boyfriend is having problems maintaining an erection and I have taken this that he obviously doesn't find me attractive. We have never had problems like this and although I have been supportive to him about it, in my own head I feel insecure about it. He says that...

Non-living spouse on F-1 status maintaining temporary absence [ 1 Answers ]

Greetings!! I am a resident of Connecticut since 6 yrs and on a H-1B visa status right now. I got married to a student who was on F-1 status in the year 2004-2005. Because of medical reasons she went back to her home country maintaining her diligent paperwork supporting to maintain temporary...

View more questions Search