Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nohitter410 Posts: 187, Reputation: 50

May 20, 2007, 03:32 PM
    How do you get an ex to back off but in a nice way?
    If you don't know my situation it can be summarized as me and my ex broke up back in October and she jumped back into a relationship a month and a half after. I moved on and got back into shape, doing what I always do which is having fun. I am 23 and she is 21, still in college. I do love her still and miss her but I have no desire to get back together with her. We are still at different points in our lives and I don't need the stress in my life that I think she brings to me.

She is dating someone else yet seems to call me once in awhile to catch up. The last few calls have been pointless and there is nothing wrong with catching up but I don't need to hear about her boyfriend or anything like that. I want to tell her that I don't want her out of my life and we can still catch up once in a while(meaning at most once/month) but I don't need to bring back old feelings especially when I am long distance anyway and you are in another relationship. It isn't fair to me. I want her to know that I don't care if she is bored or depressed or in a bad relationship, it doesn't mean she can hit me up whenever she pleases because I am not here to make her feel better. What do you guys think... she called me last night and I haven't called back and I was planning on not calling her until late June since she will be coming where I am and I didn't want to call her until then. We haven't seen each other since October but I think I need to call her sometime next week and let her know and put everything on the table about not calling and what not or it will do more damage then good.
    AW805 Posts: 283, Reputation: 43

May 20, 2007, 04:09 PM
    Your right it isn't fair to you. Why wait to talk to her about how you feel? Put it on the table and be done with it.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 20, 2007, 07:20 PM
    You may as well talk to her now, as I have a feeling the longer this goes on the more she will be comfortable calling about her personal life, but be aware of her feelings after, as this situation is just as bad if you decide to call her later. Justa thought.
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

May 21, 2007, 11:42 PM
    Don't answer all her calls. If you only want to talk once a month, only answer her calls once a month.

I don't see the need for all the contact!

I think you are both trying to keep each other where you want them. Not a good idea!
    J_sarah Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2007, 01:24 AM
    Well what I think is that you tell them to sit down and you just tell them IN A NICE WAY, to just move on. It won't be forever.
    mckenzie134 Posts: 647, Reputation: 67

May 22, 2007, 02:00 AM
    Are you sure you are not still interested I am getting some vibes ftrom you that you are still!!
    brandy681 Posts: 295, Reputation: 26

May 22, 2007, 03:11 AM
    You really need to move on with your life while you are still friends because eventually you or she is going to say something to make your friendship bad and you will become enemies. Talk once a month but then after that try to shorten it to once every other month until you are eventually are NOT talking because it is best to not communicate after a breakup and to remain friends but to remain friends you can't talk to her at all or just talk a few minutes seldom and once in a while because something will arise in yours or her conversation and there will be a "falling-out". She may find it easy to confide in you and easy to talk to you and since she knows that it is over she wants to let you know what is going on in her life but if you don't like this and you tell her, expect her to get angry. Also she could possibly be doing this for jeoulousy but either way it would be best if you did not communicate with her.
    Nohitter410 Posts: 187, Reputation: 50

May 23, 2007, 04:04 PM
    And she just called me and told me she wished we never broke up... too many games and I don't play games she is the one doing the calling. Just tough cause I still do love her but in no way do I want to get back together with her and I reiterated that to her. Just tough to just say never call me, I mean I make it clear by never calling her but still...
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 23, 2007, 04:29 PM
    Never calling her isn't going to cut it. Tell her straight up don't ever call me again and don't answer any more of her calls. No more half stepping.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Too nice ? Help [ 35 Answers ]

Recently I have noticed that my g/f seems a bit detached from me when we are together. Ive been thinking about this a lot recently and after doing some reading on the internet it's obvious I'm a 'nice guy' and that's not what women want. Id rather we didn't get into a debate with some arguing that...

Just a nice way to say no [ 6 Answers ]

Hi I am 19 and my best friend's sister has just turnd 15 and she somehow got my nomber and has been text me saying she loves me and needs me and loads of things like that now I don't want to say where to go because she is my best mates sister and I get on with her quite well what is a good way to...

Nice Program [ 4 Answers ]

http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~geoffo/humour/flattery.html

View more questions Search