Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Baller11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2007, 02:29 PM
    Room sharing or kids
    Does anyone know the legal age when children are expected NOT to share a room? Or what the councils law is on room entitlement?
    tawnynkids Posts: 622, Reputation: 111

May 21, 2007, 01:17 PM
    Well, if you are in the States there are no laws about it. The only exception may be under foster care regulations. But for biological families there is no law. Use your best judgment. Some people simply can't afford for each child to have their own room. That is not a crime.
    NEVAEH206 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2007, 03:42 PM
    Well from what I understand kids can sleep in the same room till about 5-6 but can't sleep in the same bed. I have kids myself!
    victoria_mitchell Posts: 242, Reputation: 32

Jun 2, 2007, 04:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Baller11
    does anyone know the legal age when children are expected NOT to share a room? or what the councils law is on room entitlement??
    In California kids can share a room until they move out if that's what the parents decide but they can't share the same bed. Although the recommended age is 13 for girls to stop sharing 15 for boys and boy girl combination is 6 or so I read
    kittensmom Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2009, 09:08 AM

There are no federal laws that kids are entitled to their own personal bedrooms. It really would depend on what state you are in, the age difference in children, and the gender of both children.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

**Recipe Sharing** [ 139 Answers ]

Ok this is where I want you all to share your recipes here with everyone, What we want is those recipes you know you can't live without those ones that have been with you that you can adapt or just keep as they are. Go on make us drewl and head out to the market to buy the ingredients I know a...

Sharing some thoughts [ 13 Answers ]

Hi everyone, Hope this is the right place to share this, if not, I know one of you kind people will redirect me. Was up bright and early this morn and out the door at 6:00 am to do the weekly grocery shopping. As I was checking out the groceries, I looked over to the customer service...

How many kids in the same room? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. I live in NM. I have 2 sons in the same bedroom, ages 9 and 14. Does anyone know if there is a NM law that teenagers must have their own room?

4 Kids in 1 Room [ 5 Answers ]

My wife and I have a two bedroom house and we have 4 kids. The kids share one room and we have the other room. Is having 4 kids in one room against the law? We are in CA. Or, if it is not against the law, would it be looked down on if we have to go through a custody battle with one of our ex's?...

Internet Sharing Q [ 3 Answers ]

Me again. So many questions, so little time :P Anyway. Here's my existing setup. We have a network in our place. 2 PC's directly connected to a router, three connected to a switch upstairs. We use this tp access the internet. And all that works fine. But my girlfriend is often using her...

View more questions Search