Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aguido Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2007, 10:10 AM
    Lawn mower - Craftsman 6.0
    My push lawn mower had been running fine until this week. I pull the cord and the lawn mower starts for a second or two and then shuts off. I changed the gas, oil, and airfilter. Not sure what else to do. Looking for any trouble shooting pointers.
    shelby19 Posts: 6, Reputation: 0

Jul 17, 2008, 08:08 AM
    How old is the mower
    shelby19 Posts: 6, Reputation: 0

Jul 17, 2008, 08:11 AM
    I would check spark plug also check fuel supply hose. If u have 2 prime it check bubble
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2008, 11:09 PM
    The fuel system probably has moisture contamination. Remove and clean the tank with carb and choke cleaner.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Craftsman Riding Lawn Mower won't start [ 2 Answers ]

My tractor quit on me during my grass cutting. I have not been able to get it started. I've Changed the air filters, a new spark plug, a new solenoid, a new fuel filter, a new battery. When I put it on choke and try to start it, the engine turns but won't start. After that,all I hear is the...

Craftsman Lawn Tractor Mower Won't Engage [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 18.5 HP Craftsman Lawn Tractor, model # 917.274811. It starts fine but the mower won't engage. The attachment clutch lever seems to have the same tension, and the drive belt seems fine. I've looked and can't see any obstructions. Any ideas?

Craftsman lawn mower [ 1 Answers ]

My father has purchased an old lawn mower for restoration. The model # is 1318430. He thinks it is a Craftsman. Anyone know where to find a picture or details.

Craftsman 14.5 hp riding lawn mower [ 3 Answers ]

I bought it used it seemed OK,but now I have loss of power.I NOW have a brand new battery.What can I do to the engine or carburator to fix problem?How do I properly adjust carb?Should I overhaul the engine?I haven't found a rebuild kit for my B&S engine(14.5) Any help would be great.Somone told me...

Craftsman Riding Lawn Mower Warranty [ 4 Answers ]

I am planning to purchase a Craftsman 4000 Riding Lawn Mower, and am wondering if it is worth the money to purchase the 3 year extended warranty? Can anyone advise?

View more questions Search