Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jib Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2007, 08:55 AM
    Making Claim
    Hi,

Could anyone tell me if a can take a builder to cort and claim losses?

I had some building work done at my private home, a contract was drawn up, the builder took all the money that was in the contract but didn't finish the work.

Subsequently I had to get another builder to complete the building work. I have a receipt for the money I paid tpo the new bulder to finish the work.

Can I take the original builder to court for not completing the job and taking all the money?
    Also can I claim back the money I paid to the new builder for the work that should have been completed by the original builder?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 20, 2007, 09:04 AM
    You can sue the original builder for the amount of money you had to pay the new builder to finish the work.

This would be the cost to make whole the contract you had with them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Making Out [ 19 Answers ]

Im 13, and Im probably the only one in here over the age of 12 that hasnt made out with anyone. My boyfriend is 15, so hes been thru that, so he wants to make out with me, but everytime he tries, I back away, because I dont know what to do! Can anyone help me here? :confused:

Making Dll in VB [ 1 Answers ]

Wat are the steps to make the DLL in vb

It's making me so down :( [ 23 Answers ]

I am a twenty year old woman desperatly trying for a child. I know I am young but I have a stable home, stable job, with a loving partner and more than enough money so please do not advise me of being too young. The problem is that I have been trying for around four months and nothing, I am...

View more questions Search